Lexus LFR Megathread

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Hopefully hits the Ring this year so we can get some spyshots... testing in Japan's private test track is doing us no good!

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
I think we will see something this year... I think the reason we didn't see anything at the Tokyo Auto Salon was because the Trademark is still pending. Lexus has already kept us waiting long enough, they promised us "enthusiasts" more exciting cars.

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
So they went with R... i wonder when they settled on it.

Lexus Future-Recharge ?
I realize LF-A didnt actually mean anything but why not.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The A stood for apex.

In the bus, we talk about the name of the LFA. There are all kinds of apocryphal stories of how the name came about and what it stands for, that it means “Lexus Future Advance”, or whatever. Tanahashi say it is all nonsense, and as I listen to him talk, I know that I am finally hearing the true story.
“At the Detroit Motor Show 2005, we showed a concept. We needed a name. At Lexus, concept cars for the motor show follow a strict name regime. LF for ‘Lexus future’, then a dash, followed by two letters. I racked my brain for a good two letter combination. I could not find one, and settled on A.”

Its a backronym at best, but i still like it.

Reactions

Straight from the horse's mouth.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Dude i quoted the person who came up with it. This is all marketing

the making of the lexus lfa supercar an inside report chapter 3 call me names
Tanahashi and entourage on their way to the assembly hall

In the bus, we talk about the name of the LFA. There are all kinds of apocryphal stories of how the name came about and what it stands for, that it means “Lexus Future Advance”, or whatever. Tanahashi say it is all nonsense, and as I listen to him talk, I know that I am finally hearing the true story.

Haruhiko Tanahashi is a Japanese automotive engineer who is responsible for the design and construction of the Lexus LFA supercar. Tanahashi joined Toyota Motor Corporation in 1978 as a chassis engineer, and has since worked in new vehicle design for over 30 years.

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Sure it's marketing, but that's what the marketers came up with.

I wasn't wrong lol.
flat,750x1000,075,f.u6.jpg
I am cringing at the "i wasnt wrong lol"
You lterally quoted me saying this

Agreed, it started out meaning nothing and eventually Lexus came up with LF Apex
Moving on

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
ORIGINALLY I thought the LFA meant "Lexus Future Advance" with the concepts according to Wikipedia (they source some news outlets from 2005, but can't find directly from Lexus), and was later switched to "Lexus Fuji Apex" for the production model. IDK if this is true or not.

Reactions
@CRSKTN did not say it does not mean Apex. He said it is a "backronym", marketing decided on a meaning/word for the letter "A" after this letter was selected instead of the letter being the initial of the word that was selected.

I didn't disagree with what he said. I think y'all misunderstood me but we move.