Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Well if it's something in the toyota lineup they might hint it at one of their next crown reveals

Reactions
In my mind it's just the coupes lfr, lc and the rumoured crown coupe or it could just be a toyota version of the lfr with the v35 instead of the new v8
I've mentioned in this forum many times. There will be an A100 GR Supra that will spawn from this chassis.

Lexus LFR will come first, then the A100 GR Supra comes next, and a couple of years away from that the Lexus Electrified Sport Concept will be a thing.

The reason why I bet you're wondering that it will be a different Toyota is that you think the price of the A100 will be *vastly* different from the A90, but that isn't the case. ;^)

The Toyota will be affordable, while the Lexus will get all the goodies. And yes, the powertrains will be different.

Last edited:

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Well in that case the supra will have it's own 'sports' platform cause the mkiv shared it's platform with the crown basically every rwd car was based of the crown apart from the century

Reactions
Well in that case the supra will have it's own 'sports' platform cause the mkiv shared it's platform with the crown basically every rwd car was based of the crown apart from the century

Instead of thinking the SC shared the same platform with the A80, think of this as the A100 sharing a platform with the LFR.

Or imagine any Supra in general being on the same platform as the legendary LFA. ;)

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
It would be interesting to see if its a modified version of gal or a completly new platform

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I highly doubt the Supra/Crown Coupe/2LC would be sharing platform with a supercar built with carbon fiber body. You can't "share" carbon bodies.

That is unless LFR doesn't use carbon body, which is pretty underwhelming TBH.

Reactions
I highly doubt the Supra/Crown Coupe/2LC would be sharing platform with a supercar built with carbon fiber body. You can't "share" carbon bodies.

That is unless LFR doesn't use carbon body, which is pretty underwhelming TBH.

A100 yes, others no.

Also look at how the LC's platform has numerous construction materials for the chassis. This new platform will be similar albeit using more exotic materials.