Lexus slashes UK prices for most of its line-up

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Interesting. Maybe news about price cuts in China is making waves?

The Toyota subsidiary has cut prices for its electric vehicle lineup in the UK. Biggest savings are found in the entry-level model, where prices were cut by £7,100.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Hoping we see this kind of discounting from 2026 and onward in Canada when a BEV sales quota will take effect.

I will most likely skip PHEVs now armed with more understanding on battery degradation.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
You are no longer concerned about lack of public charging infrastructure?
I was never concerned about the charging infrastructure, driving ranges, rate of fast charging, and all other excuses used by ICEV proponents. For driving range, as long as I can cover 150 km / 95 miles at 55% State of Charge during winter time, I think I should be okay carrying on with the practice of battery care.

I was and still am concerned with battery longevity and understand what's in store in terms of advancements in the years to come. From Toyota's battery roadmap, to Samsung SDI, CATL, Prologium and other manufacturers' announcements, I think more advance batteries will come in 2027 and by 2030, there wouldn't even be any need to scrutinize what battery a BEV utilizes because most of them are going to be lasting beyond 16 years easily.

But that doesn't mean I am not interested in reading or finding about the discounting of new and used EVs. My next car will most likely be a BEV, why wouldn't I be on top of these things?

You must have been mixing up people, posts, and things in your head.

Last edited: