Lexus LFR Megathread

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Doesn't sound very inspiring :( as expected the LFR will just be a "one hit" wonder for ICE F. And bringing back manual when we're going back to EVs... But not having any manuals on the actual ICE F products.. idk
The manual transmission on modern high torque cars are not good anyway. They have a very mushy feel to make them smoother and more drivable. The best manuals are found on hot hatches.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Another small update on when we will see the LFR...

"The design information of the LFA II, which is in the Best Car Scoop team, is very similar to the "Lexus Electrified Sports" exhibited at motor shows in various countries, and if it were the same car, it would be a BEV Super Sports.

However, information from a reliable source is a V8 twin-turbo HEV, and it was developed at the same time as the GT3, a dedicated racing vehicle, so a BEV is unthinkable. It's possible that HEV and BEV are being developed at the same time, but I can't think of any reason for such inefficiency.

The "mystery" around it remains, but let's assert that the
LFA II will appear as a super HEV sports in 2025."

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Hybrid TTV8 which then becomes the BEV in 2030.
I thought this was pretty clearly communicated in aggregate by now publicly.

How is it unthinkable that a very expensive hybrid would debut new battery tech before a dedicated supercar built just on the battery propulsion alone is released.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Hybrid TTV8 which then becomes the BEV in 2030.
I thought this was pretty clearly communicated in aggregate by now publicly.

How is it unthinkable that a very expensive hybrid would debut new battery tech before a dedicated supercar built just on the battery propulsion alone is released.
I was mainly just concerned with the 2025 release date as we have had a few articles mentioned a 2026 date.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I wonder what kind of launch control you get on a next generation battery. Maybe software manual too.
I was mainly just concerned with the 2025 release date as we have had a few articles mentioned a 2026 date.

I'd say the people working on the thing probably have similar concerns on timelines 🤣

Heicho

Follower
Reactions
Another small update on when we will see the LFR...

"The design information of the LFA II, which is in the Best Car Scoop team, is very similar to the "Lexus Electrified Sports" exhibited at motor shows in various countries, and if it were the same car, it would be a BEV Super Sports.

However, information from a reliable source is a V8 twin-turbo HEV, and it was developed at the same time as the GT3, a dedicated racing vehicle, so a BEV is unthinkable. It's possible that HEV and BEV are being developed at the same time, but I can't think of any reason for such inefficiency.

The "mystery" around it remains, but let's assert that the
LFA II will appear as a super HEV sports in 2025."

That's outdated information from over 2 months ago.

Reactions
That's when the race car will participate in the World Endurance Championship. AFAIK, there needs to be a few hundred built before Lexus can even homologate the car for the LMGT3 class for the WEC so a 2025 debut would make sense. It could arrive earlier for the IMSA series, which makes me think a 2024 reveal could be possible as well.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Boy, that sure is some sound.

V8 and forced induction and a bit of electric whine?

Reactions
Whine is definitely the straight cut gears
Yeah, it has the rumble of the 5.4L 2UR-GSE V8 that was in the RC F GT3.

At this point we can confirm the race car has the same naturally aspirated V8 as the RC F GT3, while the road car is a twin-turbocharged V8 hybrid.

Let's eat. >:^)