Lexus LFR/LFA II Megathread

Reactions

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Gotta say, it looks good. It's like Lexus got a whiff of the despair in this forum and gave us one crumb of prototype spy shot to hold us over.
Keep seeing 296 and Temerario competitor and it's becoming more likely it's out of my midlife crisis price range

Reactions
Gotta say, it looks good. It's like Lexus got a whiff of the despair in this forum and gave us one crumb of prototype spy shot to hold us over.
Keep seeing 296 and Temerario competitor and it's becoming more likely it's out of my midlife crisis price range
If those goofs even had a small whiff of this forum the GS would have never died lol.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
All the time and effort invested in developing this car to production does it trickle up or down to other Lexus vehicles or do we have another one and done product Lexus?

Going buy the LC and LFA I know they will do a fantastic job no doubt. Lexus may not guarantee a 1000hp car but they will find a way to make the car unique enough to almost want to ignore its other short comings. What I'm most interested in how the question above is answered.

There is so many ways TMC/Lexus could move with their product and still cater to the enthusiast without swaying away from their financial goal and producing the everyday daily driver car. The question is do they intend to to do it?

They Have Lexus/Crown/Toyota and F/FSP/F Sport/GR/TRD and Various engines and Hybrids. Use what you have to bring life to the brand. there is so many ways they can keep their product interesting. That is what Toyota has figured out to some degree. Lexus on the other hand... Still trying to understand the purpose of the Crown.

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
This just doesn’t look like the LFA supercar. I looks more like a hypercar to compete against the new McLaren W1 and Ferrari F80. Those have 1200 PS and cost a few million, this better have 1000 PS.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
This just doesn’t look like the LFA supercar. I looks more like a hypercar to compete against the new McLaren W1 and Ferrari F80. Those have 1200 PS and cost a few million, this better have 1000 PS.
"Entry level" supercars are now 700-800PS. "High end" supercars are now 1000-1200PS. Hypercars are well over 1500PS. EVs really inflated expectations for horsepower in sports cars.

Reactions
Who said it was going to be a Lexus? Oh that's right, it's the misleading car websites!
I was one of them. I was told a very long time ago (like... years ago) by someone away from these forums that this would be a second generation LFA.

That was until when someone very recently told me that it won't be a Lexus rather a Toyota, I still chose to say nothing because it is clear that Toyota/Lexus made a huge about-face, and felt like it was inappropriate to leak such information.

It was supposed to be a 1000 horsepower, 4.0L twin-turbocharged V8 hybrid as a Lexus, but now it's a Toyota.