Lexus LFR/LFA II Megathread

Reactions
I've read 600-700hp, but not close to 1,000 horses. Is that new info?
Very old info. I remember the reports would say 1000 PS or 986 hp. It made sense given how we were on the verge of having a Toyota hypercar that made the exact same power levels but it got cancelled and the R&D that was allocated for the GR Super Sport got allocated to this project and two other cars instead.

I've seen the newer reports saying it would be north of 800 horsepower. I'm still holding out on it hitting the 4 digit mark though. Given how insane the new Corvette ZR1 is, I hope the LFA can compete with it.

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The ICE makes 700-720PS and that's set in stone. The total power will depend on their progress on solid state batteries. But given it's rumored to be a PHEV it should have at least 200PS from electric power alone.

Reactions
The ICE makes 700-720PS and that's set in stone. The total power will depend on their progress on solid state batteries. But given it's rumored to be a PHEV it should have at least 200PS from electric power alone.

This sounds about right. I've mentioned in this forums that you guys should expect a front-engined McLaren P1.

Kelvin2020

Admirer
Reactions
Can we expect Lexus to unveil this car at the upcoming Tokyo Mobility Show? I think it would be a great opportunity.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I don't think we'll see anything until next year. Maybe a preview concept next year, followed by serial production in 2026?