Lexus front spindle grille unreal design

Reactions
I have been enjoying Lexus sedan since 2002 and still driving 2008 ES350 just waiting Lexus Japan changes the UGRY LOOKING SPINDLE GRILLE
changed since 2011. More years waiting, the design of the grille are getting ugly to AWFUL LOOKING as they look like dead crab face or ugry monster face in the Star Wars picture. I have sent my comments to MR. Akin Toyota several times but sorry but no answer nor he has never look at the public opinion from the world. I am running out my patience to wait for the changes, and I may be forced to change my next car to other high end brands. I sincerely hope someone would agree my comments. Also let me know how I can reach to the Toyota executives responsible grille design.
Thank you

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I have been enjoying Lexus sedan since 2002 and still driving 2008 ES350 just waiting Lexus Japan changes the UGRY LOOKING SPINDLE GRILLE
changed since 2011. More years waiting, the design of the grille are getting ugly to AWFUL LOOKING as they look like dead crab face or ugry monster face in the Star Wars picture. I have sent my comments to MR. Akin Toyota several times but sorry but no answer nor he has never look at the public opinion from the world. I am running out my patience to wait for the changes, and I may be forced to change my next car to other high end brands. I sincerely hope someone would agree my comments. Also let me know how I can reach to the Toyota executives responsible grille design.
Thank you

There could be a market for aftermarket pre-2011 style bumpers/grills on current Lexus'.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
There could be a market for aftermarket pre-2011 style bumpers/grills on current Lexus'.

Cool idea, I see kits to make older cars have the spindle fairly regularly.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I never had an issue with Lexus styling in the past and enjoy the spindle grill. In some cases it really is a fabulous 3D design with so many details compared to the competition it should be considered art. Lexus knew and acknowledged it would not be for everyone and they would lose loyal customers to styling. As CSRKTN stated, sales are up and they have never been better worldwide.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Like it or not, the market likes big grilles and the sales cannot lie. The Lexus spindle has turned out to be far better integrated into the design language than a lot of the huge grilles other automakers have come out with. Other luxury brands have been some of the worst offenders (looking at you, BMW).

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Like it or not, the market likes big grilles and the sales cannot lie. The Lexus spindle has turned out to be far better integrated into the design language than a lot of the huge grilles other automakers have come out with. Other luxury brands have been some of the worst offenders (looking at you, BMW).

Yes sales don't lie. I like the Lexus front ends on some and not so much on others. Looking back, I also like some of the pre-spindle front ends as well from the 08 era.

Reactions
Well luck be a Blackline tonight. Was renewing my 2018 Gs F sport with a 2020. And got lucky to find a Blackline available 4 states away.. It’s a old in tech stuff ,a bit antiquated But it’s still friggin awesome . Sooooooomuch nicer than that FWD ES (couch ) on wheels

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
The Spindle Grille is a bold design. It evokes conversation. If Lexus went for the conservative middle of the road look, it'll be just "blah." Sales numbers don't lie either, and like fashion, things come and go as well as market tastes. We're in the edgy trend. Maybe we'll be back to the smooth rounder look, kind of like the 50s overall design...like the SC430 design.

I just saw the 2021 Pre-production IS350 F-Sport. Looks really good, the spindle grille looks more matured and really flows well in my opinion. The L-Finesse (Nike check...lol) is now above the triple beam LED headlights - Giving it a meaner face, which actually reminds me of Johnny 5 from Short Circuit! :)

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
The Spindle Grille is a bold design. It evokes conversation. If Lexus went for the conservative middle of the road look, it'll be just "blah." Sales numbers don't lie either, and like fashion, things come and go as well as market tastes. We're in the edgy trend. Maybe we'll be back to the smooth rounder look, kind of like the 50s overall design...like the SC430 design.

I just saw the 2021 Pre-production IS350 F-Sport. Looks really good, the spindle grille looks more matured and really flows well in my opinion. The L-Finesse (Nike check...lol) is now above the triple beam LED headlights - Giving it a meaner face, which actually reminds me of Johnny 5 from Short Circuit! :)
Yes, it is a great looking car. Spindle grille is at the next level. Lexus still does a good job in this aspect.

Reactions
The grill does turn off some buyers, but I don't think it has been the main culprit...plenty of other factors that swayed sales one way or the other, good (ES, NX, RX) or bad (GS, IS).