Lexus "F" Cars color change

mikeavelli

Reactions
Screenshot 2016-01-31 01.36.46.png I was browsing the site and noticed on the dropdown preview page the GS F and RC F which were USB 2.0 (blue) in the past are now white/black. Not sure what provoked the change. I thought the blue stood out, maybe even go with orange :D
http://www.lexus.com

What do you think?

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Going traditional and following sales patterns per customer's buying patterns?
I had an UBM 2012 F Sport and it became kind of a gimmick after awhile.
My Matador Red Mica 2015's, both the IS F Sport and the ES350, get a steady amount of compliments.
Personally, red (redline, not maroon/burgundy), white, black and silver have always been a NO when I buy a car. Too devoid of emotion and personality, yet people insist on buying them.
I personally seek a color that stands out and makes a statement. The UBM 2.0 still catches my eye, and is so associated with the F line, it seems strange they would delete it.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Going traditional and following sales patterns per customer's buying patterns?
I had an UBM 2012 F Sport and it became kind of a gimmick after awhile.
My Matador Red Mica 2015's, both the IS F Sport and the ES350, get a steady amount of compliments.
Personally, red (redline, not maroon/burgundy), white, black and silver have always been a NO when I buy a car. Too devoid of emotion and personality, yet people insist on buying them.
I personally seek a color that stands out and makes a statement. The UBM 2.0 still catches my eye, and is so associated with the F line, it seems strange they would delete it.

We almost chose USB for the CT, but thought it too bold for the car. If we had bought an IS, maybe. We went with Ultra White, and will probably buy white for the rest of our car-buying days.

I'm surprised Lexus hasn't stuck with USB to promote the F models -- it was such a standout color when introduced with the IS F, and they should have kept it a F exclusive. The orange, I could do without. Doesn't jive with my idea of an everyday driver.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I'm generally with Bulldog when it comes to Look-At-Me colors...most non-sporting vehicle lines could use a few more shades of the rainbow added (my own IS300 for example, was bright yellow). The common argument for white and silver cars, though, is the ease of re-sale...they are as popular used as new. They also are considered neutral colors that go well with different shades of interior trim. The GS-F at the D.C. auto show, for instance, was bright blue with red leather seats inside...a combination that definitely took a few minutes for one's eyes to get used to LOL.