Lexus 350ES Instrument panel - odometer reading

Reactions
The instrument panel on the 2019 Lexus 350ES has (at the bottom left corner) a readout for the odometer mileage. However, once the engine is started, and on the road, the readout changes (to the mileage before the next service due). Has anyone ever discovered a way to prevent the service mileage readout canceling the vehicle odometer mileage reading? For me, I could care less about being reminded of a service - I want to be able to view the vehicle mileage when on the road. To date, I've been unable to cancel that service due mileage readout in lieu of the odometer reading. Will appreciate any suggestions, or remedies. Thanks!1644178464868.png

Reactions
Re: "Press the trip odo button again so it shows the odometer reading." I think I already did.......BUT, gonna give it another try. Sometimes the simplest things can drive a guy crazy. These computer nannies are one! I'll get back to you. Thanks.

Reactions
Press the trip odo button again so it shows the odometer reading.
Will wonders never cease! For the three years I've owned this car......I've never seen the ODO button.......as it's located behind the steering wheel. In an attempt solve the problem, I've worked every button on the steering wheel, multiple times........buttons on both side of the steering wheel......and examined the computer options......but never did I see the ODO button behind the steering wheel. That worked! Thanks.
1644251088610.png

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Will wonders never cease! For the three years I've owned this car......I've never seen the ODO button.......as it's located behind the steering wheel. In an attempt solve the problem, I've worked every button on the steering wheel, multiple times........buttons on both side of the steering wheel......and examined the computer options......but never did I see the ODO button behind the steering wheel. That worked! Thanks.
View attachment 5510
It is just like my 2022 Camry. The ODO button is to the left of the steering column, under the display and hidden by the steering wheel. I reset the trip odometers at each fuel refill so had to take time to look for it the first time I refueled.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
No offense but if you are not aware of that button you may want to read the entire owners manual in case there are other surprise features LOL.

Reactions
No offense but if you are not aware of that button you may want to read the entire owners manual in case there are other surprise features LOL.
Hey, no offense taken. Believe it or not I've read those two booklets several times, while trying to understand certain issues. The ODO button, even while referring to the book - did not alert me to the location of the ODO button. Once, while on a night trip, I discovered my bright lights would sometimes go off.........empty road - with no opposing traffic. Finally, after taking the car to the dealer, I found the purpose of the button at the end of the light control stalk........Hell, I didn't even know there was a button there.

In my life, I've owned a total of 35 (privately owned) cars and trucks......including three Lexus models...., and while I enjoy this present ES (all except the lazy downshifting transmission).......it's getting more and more difficult to turn off the nannies with the new models. For me, I'll keep turning them off....as I have no use for them. :)