JLR making Range Rover, Defender, and Discovery actual brands

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
This does seem to suggest that the "Land Rover" name is gone. And, yes, I agree that seems strange, given the current recognition of the brand.
The new brand identity aspires to remove ambiguity and bring to the fore the unique DNA of each of JLR’s brands - Range Rover, Defender, Discovery and Jaguar – as well as accelerate the delivery of the company’s vision to be Proud Creators of Modern Luxury.

Oops... Yet, this seems to be a later "I forgot" add-on.
JLR reaffirmed today that the Land Rover brand will remain a key part of the company’s DNA. Land Rover continues as a world-renowned and important heritage mark, remaining on vehicles, websites, social media and retail sites, underpinning the world-class Range Rover, Defender and Discovery brands.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Makes sense to me. Those individual vehicle brands are so strong they can spin off families as the SUV craze likely will never die. Thank god they didn’t do some thing stupid like rename their entire cars RR 300 and RR 600 or L30 L90 etc.. infiniti and acura never recovered from blowing their naming structure.. Cadillac too…..

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Only thing that concerns me is how they will distinguish the Defender and Discovery. Previously, the Defender was BoF, but now that it's unibody and gotten softer, it's taken a lot of sales from the Discovery which has been dwindling... 🤔