JAPAN MOBILITY SHOW 2023

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The more I look at the Prelude concept show car, the more I suspect underneath that exterior it might actually be a 10th gen Civic Coupe that Honda chopped off bits of its middle section and then stick the front and rear back together again. The proportions of its exterior just looks way too off.
Yeah, this is the first thing I thought. It's not a true Prelude, it looks like a Civic Coupe with Prius styling cues.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Not sure how else to put this, but as something that is supposed to be a design exercise, this flat, shapeless, dull, nondescript expanse of plastic covering 85% of the front end is ... ironic.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 4.24.49 PM.png

I get that BEVs don't need traditional grills for cooling and air flow, but I look forward to someone figuring how to style the front end of a BEV because this 100% ain't it. (And this isn't exclusive to Lexus either)

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Not sure how else to put this, but as something that is supposed to be a design exercise, this flat, shapeless, dull, nondescript expanse of plastic covering 85% of the front end is ... ironic.

View attachment 8369

I get that BEVs don't need traditional grills for cooling and air flow, but I look forward to someone figuring how to style the front end of a BEV because this 100% ain't it. (And this isn't exclusive to Lexus either)

Ah!
Deja vu~

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Why don't they put the logo in that big empty spot instead of on the hood, would help to break up that emptiness of the front end.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Customers have been trained that a flat plastic front end means "BEV", even though BEVs all have radiators, coolant, and fans. Same thing happened with the Prius where the weird styling became synonymous with "hybrid" until hybrids went fully mass-market. And now we finally have a good looking Prius.

Will1991

Reactions

I think the issue is on the angle of the picture, in real life it should be quite differently.

Just look at this angle for the LF-ZC:

lf-zc045_uv.jpg

This is so much WANT :love::love::love: