Is it possible to change steering wheel's response/sensitivity in Lexus ES?

Reactions
Hi,
New Lexuses have 3 drive modes, eco, normal and sport. In a sport mode the steering wheel has a little more "sporty" feel, so I wonder if it is possible to have the same "sporty" steering wheel in a normal mode, just by reprogramming the computer?
What do you think?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Just trying to understand, why would you need to reprogram Normal Mode? Can't you just use Sport?

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Just trying to understand, why would you need to reprogram Normal Mode? Can't you just use Sport?

If I'm understanding his question correctly, I believe he wants the "sport" steering feel in normal mode, with all the other normal mode settings like suspension and throttle settings. So in other words, a customized setting. Not sure if that's possible in terms of reprogramming. It may be a dealer option, best bet I think would be to ask a local Lexus dealer as to whether this is reprogrammable.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Hi,
New Lexuses have 3 drive modes, eco, normal and sport. In a sport mode the steering wheel has a little more "sporty" feel, so I wonder if it is possible to have the same "sporty" steering wheel in a normal mode, just by reprogramming the computer?
What do you think?

What year is your ES? The Drive Mode Select available in the 4th Gen GS is all computer controlled by different ECM that communicate with each other. The programming is also built into the trans, throttle and steering. Reprogramming the computer will not give you a sporty feel in your steering unfortunately. You could upgrade your wheels/tires and lower your suspension, for improved feel but it will not drastically change steering feel unfortunately.