Infiniti QX60 is Nipped, Tucked for 2016

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
infiniti-qx60-q50-13-1.jpg

infiniti-qx60-q50-10-1.jpg

Up front, there's a new fascia that better aligns the seven-passenger crossover with every other Infiniti product, and the taillights are slightly more stylized than before. It looks nice, but there's still no hiding those Nissan Pathfinder bones.

Infiniti says new shock absorbers and springs will help improve ride quality, and steering effort is improved with a retuned, speed-sensitive electronic power assist system. Standard, Sport, Eco, and Snow modes will help you manage the power depending on the weather and your driving style. We don't know how much this will actually improve the QX60's ride, but we never really had any problems with the luxury crossover's relaxed dynamics, anyway.

Look for the QX60 to officially debut at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show, following a reveal at a media event this week.

Source (and more photos): http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/15/2016-infiniti-qx60-hybrid-official/#slide-3740124

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Still comes with an CVT, though. Call me a traditionalist if you want (and I know that Nissan has been doing CVTs for some time now)...but I'm still not convinced that they have been perfected, despite their mechanical simplicity. They have been the subject of numerous TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins), recalls, and warranty-extensions from different manufacturers.

Other than that, though, it's hard to pan this vehicle. Infiniti generally did a good job on it, inside and out, and I found little to complain about when I reviewed one. In fact, given what Infiniti had styled and marketed in SUVs before, up to that time, it was probably the first relatively "normal" SUV the company had produced in the U.S. market....every SUV before it had been quirky in one form or another.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I've had quite a bit of time in this SUV and if you want a 7 seater it really works. The rear row is one of the best around, fits real adults. The rest (clearly pre face lift) was really underwhelming, awful wood, fit and finish and materials were average and the CVT/265hp combo is as far as enthusiast oriented as it can get. Lexus would get pummeled for offering such a combo, this thing gets a pass on the internet 'cause it sells". Funny how that works.

Without it, Infiniti sales would be really down the tubes, its been a huge hit for them. For the "soccer mom" once you can get past the looks, it makes a lot of sense with a very good price. The updated look here seem to help.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Thing is basically a minivan in SUV clothes.

I drove a friend brand new Q70 just last week, and I couldn't believe how nasty the interior plastics and wood trim were, but the car drove pretty nicely. Infiniti pretty much always does half assed job.