Importing from USA Question

Reactions
Might not be in the right section but just wanted to ask if anybody had imported their Lexus from the USA overseas and how it went. Did you find a nice price difference and saved some? Was there something unique about getting it from the USA rather than locally? How hard was it and how did you transport? Interested in doing something like this in the future. Thanks!

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
Actually tried talking to a dealership since and got very little feedback as they probably didn't want to share much information or help. Then I tried a shipping company and they actually did help and pointed me in the right direction. If all goes well, I will be using them in the near future.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Might not be in the right section but just wanted to ask if anybody had imported their Lexus from the USA overseas and how it went. Did you find a nice price difference and saved some? Was there something unique about getting it from the USA rather than locally? How hard was it and how did you transport? Interested in doing something like this in the future. Thanks!

you have to have someone locally to buy and ship car for you.

Lexus USA dealerships are forbidden by contract to sell outside USA, or to a party that they know will export the vehicle.

I did it 10 years ago, and found out originally that nobody will answer your emails if you tell them that you are exporting the car :)