How's Your USPS Mail-Service?

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I rarely post in LE on non-automotive subjects, but I can't help wondering what some of you are going through lately with your USPS mail service? I've been around many years, and I have never seen it so slow, risky, or inefficient as the last 6 months or so. Probably a good 50% of the mail I get Pre-Notification on (you can sign up for that free-program if you don't have it) is late, very late, or, on occasion, I don't get it at all.

Normally, I wouldn't care, as a lot of it is ads or junk-mail, except that sometimes important bills, checks, and documents are also sent....and delayed. Many people are blaming DeJoy, the Postmaster General, although I suspect there it is actually more than one culprit....and the pandemic may be affecting staffing levels.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Mine's been generally fine. Transit's been slow (and with the winter storms UPS and FedEx have also had delays) but when I get Informed Delivery notices they show up that day.

The one USPS hiccup I had was about a week and a half ago where the mailman saw my AWD LS smoothly go up and down my snowy driveway and assumed he could do it too in his RWD Grumman. He got in OK, but it's a grade up on the way out so it was pretty rough for him.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Mine's been generally fine. Transit's been slow (and with the winter storms UPS and FedEx have also had delays) but when I get Informed Delivery notices they show up that day.

The one USPS hiccup I had was about a week and a half ago where the mailman saw my AWD LS smoothly go up and down my snowy driveway and assumed he could do it too in his RWD Grumman. He got in OK, but it's a grade up on the way out so it was pretty rough for him.

I myself never liked RWD in the snow. After five years of my 2001 IS300, I decided I'd probably never have another RWD product again.

when I get Informed Delivery notices they show up that day.
So you have the Informed Delivery.....I do, too. How do you like it? IMO, that was one of the best features that the USPS ever came up with......along with the FOREVER stamps what never go out of date.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Glad everyone is self-policing in this thread, but it came close to going off the rails. Keep it clean, folks.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I myself never liked RWD in the snow. After five years of my 2001 IS300, I decided I'd probably never have another RWD product again.

So you have the Informed Delivery.....I do, too. How do you like it? IMO, that was one of the best features that the USPS ever came up with......along with the FOREVER stamps what never go out of date.

I'm a fan. USPS has great IT and their website and related services are great. I'm also signed up for the equivalents from FedEx and UPS so I have a good idea every morning what I'm watching out for (or not).