Holiday Time Again.....Please do so responsibly.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Again, the joy of the Holidays are with us, and the best of the season to all, whether celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, or simply the Holiday Season itself. Once again, that means good meals, time with family/friends, and, in some cases, the spirits of the bottle. For those who choose to drink, once again, please do so responsibly, and, if one does overdo it, please do not try and drive home yourself. Get a Designated Driver (I myself once was a DD), public transportation, a cab ride, Uber, Lyft, or, if possible, simply stay there overnight or however long it takes to get back to normal. Even with the numerous safety features built into today's vehicles, driving under the influence is still illegal, foolish, and risky.....alcohol/drugs amount to roughly one-third of all traffic and pedestrian deaths in the U.S. Many jurisdictions have special ride-sharing or free-ride programs for the holidays, and fares are sometimes reduced if not. Also, in many jurisdictions, including my area, special police patrols and sobriety-check-points on the roads will be in effect, which courts have upheld. Blood-Alcohol levels for DUI/DWI charges, depending on the state, range from 0.04 to 0.15 PPM, but typically start at 0.08. And, if you are a pilot or an air-crew member (again, I once was a pilot myself) remember the FAA rule of 8 hours from Bottle-to-Throttle and/or 0.04 BAC for flight-duty.

So, eat, drink, and be Merry...........Responsibly. šŸ˜‰

MM

christmas-trees-2021-2468303-classic.jpg

756.jpg