Have problems with 2019 ES 350 A/C two years in a row

Reactions
Hello guys, I am getting mad about 2019 ES 350 A/C systems.
Last summer, the cooling malfunctioned and it was the first-year I leased the Lexus(because I trust its reliability 😼 ) so luckily I still had complimentary maintenance service so I used that to get it fixed. I don't recall the exact reason but I will try to get reports from that dealership next week and update this post.
This year, I found the cooling system was broken again and I had to send it to a dealership to inspect A/C as I had one important date that day and needed this car. They charged me around $300 and told me the condenser was hit by tiny rocks and I had to pay around $2000, including parts, labor, and tax, to get it fixed. It was expensive and I don't have a complimentary maintenance service this year so I said NO😿. My plan is to order OEM parts and try to find a 3rd service provider to fix it.

I am just wondering how's it possible that A/C systems are broken two years in a row. My lease term is 3yrs so I even do not know if it will be broken again next year. Is it common for Lexus? Is it common for the 2019 ES 350 model?

What're your suggestions? What would you do if you were me?

BTW, if you know a reputable Lexus repair shop at Seattle, please let me know!

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Do you have the service order report from the last fix?
Compare the details on that to this one. If you have the same issue, maybe address with the Service Rep, if possible even a different dealership.

If the the two are unrelated then its just a fluke then. Not really a common problem or else we`d see a huge thread on it

Reactions
Do you have the service order report from the last fix?
Compare the details on that to this one. If you have the same issue, maybe address with the Service Rep, if possible even a different dealership.

If the the two are unrelated then its just a fluke then. Not really a common problem or else we`d see a huge thread on it
Thanks for the suggestion @suxeL. Yay, I called the dealership today and asked them to get my reports from previous maintenance this weekend. I will definitely keep a close eye on them. To be honest, a condenser always sits in front of the car so I'd imagine it should be not such fragile.

Reactions
I found something interesting. Looks like there are 2 different incidents.

06/20/2019
DESCRIPTION: OTHER ~|~GUEST STATES THAT A/C STOPPED BLOWING COLD A COUPLE WEEKS AGO PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE
VERIFIED SYSTEM DOES NOT PROVIDE COLD AIR FROM VENT. HEALTH CHECK SHOWS DTC: B1423 OPEN IN PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT/ABNORMAL REFRIGERANT PRESSURE. FOUND HIGH SIDE A/C LINE AT CONDENSER HAS COME APART. RECOMMEND REPLACING A/C LINE RETA

05/09/2020
DESCRIPTION: AIR CONDITIONING ~|~GUEST STATES A/C NOT BLOWING COLD, PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE
INSPECTED AC SYSTEM NOT COOLING FOUND NO FREON PRESURE IN SYSTEM. PREFORMED EVACUATE AND CHARGE TO LOCATE LEAK FOUND TWO SMALL RACK HOLES IN AC CONDENSER CONDENSER WILL NEED REPLACEMENT

I guess I am just unlucky at this point 😿

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
I found something interesting. Looks like there are 2 different incidents.

06/20/2019
DESCRIPTION: OTHER ~|~GUEST STATES THAT A/C STOPPED BLOWING COLD A COUPLE WEEKS AGO PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE
VERIFIED SYSTEM DOES NOT PROVIDE COLD AIR FROM VENT. HEALTH CHECK SHOWS DTC: B1423 OPEN IN PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT/ABNORMAL REFRIGERANT PRESSURE. FOUND HIGH SIDE A/C LINE AT CONDENSER HAS COME APART. RECOMMEND REPLACING A/C LINE RETA

05/09/2020
DESCRIPTION: AIR CONDITIONING ~|~GUEST STATES A/C NOT BLOWING COLD, PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE
INSPECTED AC SYSTEM NOT COOLING FOUND NO FREON PRESURE IN SYSTEM. PREFORMED EVACUATE AND CHARGE TO LOCATE LEAK FOUND TWO SMALL RACK HOLES IN AC CONDENSER CONDENSER WILL NEED REPLACEMENT

I guess I am just unlucky at this point 😿

I don't get why Lexus wouldn't just replace or fix the AC under warranty. Your car is so new.