Grab Your Handkerchiefs - Honda Discontinued the Crosstour

Reactions
I don't think they should have gave up on the Venza, it just needed some a full recharge. Funny to think the Chrysler Pacifica was canned too which was a predecessor and it actually sold decent.

Meanwhile BMW can't make enough 55k-115k X6's...go figure..
I guess the prospect of engineering the entire vehicle (again) by US engineers without Japan's help was probably why the business case was not made. If Toyota had continued the Mark X Zio in Japan, perhaps the Venza could've continued on with some shared parts, which wasn't the case in their respective runs.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I guess the prospect of engineering the entire vehicle (again) by US engineers without Japan's help was probably why the business case was not made. If Toyota had continued the Mark X Zio in Japan, perhaps the Venza could've continued on with some shared parts, which wasn't the case in their respective runs.

Your avatar makes me lol overtime!!! :D

mikeavelli

Reactions

Your avatar makes me lol overtime!!! :D

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions

That could certainly be part of it, although Toyota USA is getting more freedom and technical ability to design and develop future models. Of course this is still with some level of collaboration with Toyota Japan. Certainly not a Honda situation.

Reactions
That could certainly be part of it, although Toyota USA is getting more freedom and technical ability to design and develop future models. Of course this is still with some level of collaboration with Toyota Japan. Certainly not a Honda situation.
Yeah, so it was very much a business decision...but they will milk the Venza another year or so for other markets before its gone for good, just like what Toyota Japan is doing with the FJ Cruiser.

Reactions: CIF
Reactions
Not only that, but there's a good resemblance to what Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson from the WWE looked like some years ago, before he was bald.
640_the_rock_jimmy_fallon_N.jpg