Facelifted BMW X7

Och

Admirer
Reactions

He starts talking about the new iDrive8 right at 1:30 mark. Whats a complete clusterpluck, this is far worse than Lexus remote touch. It's just unreal, iDrive2 through iDrive6 where absolutely great, our last 8 or 9 cars were BMWs in no small part because of iDrive, but I'll never get another BMW because of the new iDrive. The idiotic bloated interface of iDrive7 in my wife's car already irritates me, this new trash would just make me not want to ever drive the car.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
So X7 is a fake luxury car, all show no substance. Welcome to post-Tesla car era.

This is absolutely insulting when you're spending over $100k on a car, and get something so obviously disposable with cost cutting all over it, and with a bunch of cheap gimmicks that supposed to fool you in a sense of luxury. They have no respect for their consumers and are not even trying to hide it.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
This is absolutely insulting when you're spending over $100k on a car, and get something so obviously disposable with cost cutting all over it, and with a bunch of cheap gimmicks that supposed to fool you in a sense of luxury. They have no respect for their consumers and are not even trying to hide it.
It worked for Tesla with the S & X.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
It worked for Tesla with the S & X.

With Tesla its understandable, they did not have the budget or ability to build a proper interior. I used to think that eventually Tesla would start building proper interiors as they evolve, but instead we got other automakers cost cutting by putting more and more controls into the screen. It's one thing when a Hyundai or some other budget brand does it, but for BMW flagships its a spit in the face of their customers.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
With Tesla its understandable, they did not have the budget or ability to build a proper interior. I used to think that eventually Tesla would start building proper interiors as they evolve, but instead we got other automakers cost cutting by putting more and more controls into the screen. It's one thing when a Hyundai or some other budget brand does it, but for BMW flagships its a spit in the face of their customers.
I agree. I think we are close to reaching "peak" screen. Nothing but screen is not good for on-road usability. I drove Teslas for 6 years, I want some HVAC buttons at least for the basic functions, keep the screen for audio, settings, nav, you know stuff that makes sense in the screen.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
I agree. I think we are close to reaching "peak" screen. Nothing but screen is not good for on-road usability. I drove Teslas for 6 years, I want some HVAC buttons at least for the basic functions, keep the screen for audio, settings, nav, you know stuff that makes sense in the screen.

The issue is they don't care what we want, and they make it abundantly clear.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I think it has more to do with target customer. Informed buyers such a you are rarer, luxury has gone mainstream, so surely it has degraded.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
I think it has more to do with target customer. Informed buyers such a you are rarer, luxury has gone mainstream, so surely it has degraded.

Meanwhile, they are starting to off LED panoramic sky roof liners in their M cars, and there are plenty of clueless people on BMW forums that are so easily amused that they actually want these gimmicks in their cars.

At least when M cars were only offered with manuals and had harsh suspensions, it kept away clueless badge enthusiasts.

Och

Admirer
Reactions

VxWMhwp.jpeg

Och

Admirer
Reactions
cover the roundel on the 8 and it looks like the rcf.

dope cars though.

The cars are controversial, but the ones in the video have been horribly molested. The soundtrack makes it even worse.