Competition Features in NX

SamT

Fan
Reactions
Those members of this community who have scouted around and studied the features of the competition, what features would you like to see incorporated in future NX? what similar features do you think are currently better implemented by the competition?

Reactions
Better Navigation/ Infotainment system
Touch control, not touchpad.. Maybe both
better high resolution graphics.
UI more in touch with modern phones ( iPhone/ Android) Not laggy
Road Noise..its just does not sound like the cabin of a lexus.

I have an NX and as far as the engine, ride comfort, interior styling, exterior looks is concerned they are A+. The UI, dash, digital features ( even with the 2018 updates) is still not up to the competition . Honestly, I have never used the navigation. Its just too cumbersome and with google on a smartphone, its just not worth the bother entering details on the car navi. Makes no sense, is slow, clumsy and frustrating.

As far as feeling safe, confidence in ride, fun factor they are all there. I have taken it on some very long (2000 mile) rides and have loved it. I just hope that this year Lexus revamps their infotainment system and keeping with the NX will be a no brainier.

Designer, 2016 NX F sport

Last edited:

RAL

Reactions
I would like to welcome you to LE @Neonx
I too have an NX and I appreciate your evaluation ... as the British say, "spot on"

telithos

Fan
Reactions
Any idea why Lexus keeps doubling-down on the absolutely awful remote touch interface? It's almost like someone high up had the idea and everyone is too afraid to kill it off. The touchscreen/UI in the new Toyotas isn't great, but it's at least passable. I generally use steering wheel controls 95% of the time anyway in my RAV4 but I can switch screens in it without feeling the need to pull over to do so.

My wife and I looked at the 2016 NX at one point and the biggest turn-offs for us were the center stack (button barf as I call it) and the poor interior packaging. The vehicle felt very confining for its size. Also, the fact that the hybrid powertrain was a direct carryover of what they put in the RAV4 was rather off-putting.

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
Panoramic Moonroof, Heads-Up Display, 360-Degree Camera, Ventilated Seats on the F-Sport, Heated Rear Seats

SamT

Fan
Reactions
The 2018 NX F Sport has HUD, ventilated seats 360 degree cam, but no panoramic moonroof and no heated rear seats.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It is unfortunate that the main feature on which cars are judged today is their infotainment system, followed by how 'sporty' their handling is, technically low profile tires with hard suspension.