Commercial: The Toyota Aygo Relieves Itself All Over Town

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Just seeing this thread now, so I hope you guys don't mind my bumping it back up. It is funny, but, in general, the Europeans are more lax about this kind of advertising than we are (the Aygo, of course is not sold in the U.S.). For more examples of the European ad-styte, see some of the Fiat commercials. A colleague of mine, BTW, who now lives in Denmark, bought a new Aygo a couple of years ago, and loves it.

CorradoMR2 said:
Funny! Special hydraulics in the front left suspension?

Probably......and, of course, some plumbing in the right rear.:D;)

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
This better be a Scion or else the brand is milquetoast.

I wouldn't say the future of the whole Scion brand depends on this, but yes, you have a point.....with the discontinuance of the xD and soon-to-be-discontinued iQ, the Aygo probably would make a good entry-level model rebadged as a Scion.

Last edited:
Reactions
I wouldn't say the future of the whole Scion brand depends on this, but yes, you have a point.....with the discontinuance of the xD and soon-to-be-discontinued iQ, the Aygo probably would make a good entry-level model rebadged as a Scion.
The iA was not as well-received because it is a blatant Mazda rebadge, and the iM isn't fooling anyone that doesn't see it as the new Matrix which belongs under the Toyota banner. The Aygo has the ingredients to make it stand out like the first xB. The iA and iM can only move the needle so far for the brand without something truly unique, since the tC has lost its luster and the hype of the FR-S/BRZ has mostly passed for now.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
The Aygo has the ingredients to make it stand out like the first xB. The iA and iM can only move the needle so far for the brand without something truly unique, since the tC has lost its luster and the hype of the FR-S/BRZ has mostly passed for now.

Every day, Scion makes less and less sense to me. The Aygo would definitely help, but I don't know what's going on with that iA.