Are all Lexus Dealers charging large "Market Adjustments" on RX models?

Reactions
I have an RX lease coming to an end, and my dealer of 25+ years and 10 purchases now demands a $4500 "Vig" for the privilege of buying a RX 450h. Has this become common or is it a sudden change for all dealers?

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
I suspect it is the method chosen by your dealer to deal with the pandemic-caused supply shortages.

Reactions
I suspect it is the method chosen by your dealer to deal with the pandemic-caused supply shortages.
Yes, that's their claim. However, Lexus sales have actually increased in 2021 to a level greater than before the pandemic, and in Feb 2022, RX sales were the best since 2012. So, there is no real shortage of these cars (I was surprised when I looked into it). It was simply a lie when they claimed they get 40 cars a month not the "usual" 150.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
When the RX was 15% off retail, vehicles remained on the lot for a set time frame, and special orders were frowned upon.
With unnatural demand, evident by the crazy sales numbers, vehicles no longer sit on the lot for more then a couple days, or are sold during allocation with some dealerships actively encouraging their customers to "special order".

Either way if you widen your search, you can find a dealer whose motivated. This is not a Urus, its an a RX.