Lexus IS F Any Other ISF Owners Eyeing the RCF?

phm14

Fan
Reactions
I've had my 2011 ISF for just over a year now, and love the car. It's the latest in a chain of performance cars I've owned over the past 8 years-S2000CR, NC Miata (modded for track), and FRS. I should be happy with the awesome ISF, but as you can see, I'm a bit fickle. I'm finding myself watching and reading everything that comes up in my Lexus Enthusiast emails on the car. As of now, I'm planning to buy one in the next 2-3 years, even though my ISF just clocked (only) 35K miles, and is just as quick as the heavier RCF. Anyone care care to help rationalize my disease, or talk me into keeping the ISF a bit longer? Who else finds himself in this predicament?

bnizzle87

Fan
Reactions
In truth, it crossed my mind for a moment or so, but it's not even the performance or technical aspects that I eye right now...it's leg room and cargo space. The IS F is already a tight fit for my guests, so something even smaller in terms of leg room wouldn't suffice. But above all, I don't feel that personal connection with RC F as I do with my IS F. Yaguchi-san did do a remarkable job, implementing some of the cuts and aspects we as IS F owners wanted to see in a new F product. Thanks @flipside909 for that opportunity.

Reactions
I'm not considering the RCF, its til death do us part for me and my F! Literally. Haha. I'm just too attached to mine, I wanted it ever since it came out and nothing was going to stop me from getting one so now that I've got it, never giving it up. Sorry that probably didn't help your decision haha.

ACEtheOG

Founding Member
Reactions
I've had my 2011 ISF for just over a year now, and love the car. It's the latest in a chain of performance cars I've owned over the past 8 years-S2000CR, NC Miata (modded for track), and FRS. I should be happy with the awesome ISF, but as you can see, I'm a bit fickle. I'm finding myself watching and reading everything that comes up in my Lexus Enthusiast emails on the car. As of now, I'm planning to buy one in the next 2-3 years, even though my ISF just clocked (only) 35K miles, and is just as quick as the heavier RCF. Anyone care care to help rationalize my disease, or talk me into keeping the ISF a bit longer? Who else finds himself in this predicament?

DOOOOO IT!

Personally I will never do 2 doors ever again - such a PITA when you need the back seats. The GS-F is more intriguing to me...

I'm not considering the RCF, its til death do us part for me and my F! Literally. Haha. I'm just too attached to mine, I wanted it ever since it came out and nothing was going to stop me from getting one so now that I've got it, never giving it up. Sorry that probably didn't help your decision haha.

Hey duchess! Love your instagram. I'm 2xtwinkies haha.

Reactions
I'm not looking either. My '08 has PPE Headers, PPE Dual Mode Exhaust, Takeda Intake, 2455/285 Bridgestone S-04, DCTMS Steering Wheel. I luv it and it aint goin' nowhere.

Lou

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I am eyeing a '12 - '13 Lexus IS-F next year hopefully in Mercury Metallic to add to my stable (hopefully, I can find one). RC-F two doors kills it for me. There is no new IS-F planned and GS-F is too big (and too expensive as well for me).

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I have a IS350 2nd gen and I'm eyeing the RCF or at least some form of RC with over 350 horsepower. I never use the backseat in my current IS and I have a Mercedes C250 sedan with a better and roomier backseat when needed.

I8ABMR

Fan
Reactions
considering the RCF is having its own "teething issues" , like any other car , added to the fact that I cant fit in it with a helmet, I think I'm sticking with my ISF. I would consider one down the road if I can test drive with a helmet ( pretty sure it wont work ) and its in at least its third year in production.