Acura patent image leaked-Potential new TLX

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
is this based on the honda accord or the civic?

At a time when sedans sales are quite underperforming, would it not make sense to launch more CUVs that folks are craving?
A luxury HRV or a bigger 7 seater?

Toyota does not seem to have anything to go in the american market (lbx seems like a euro only product) and the ux is not really anything special, something honda could explore.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
is this based on the honda accord or the civic?

At a time when sedans sales are quite underperforming, would it not make sense to launch more CUVs that folks are craving?
A luxury HRV or a bigger 7 seater?

Toyota does not seem to have anything to go in the american market (lbx seems like a euro only product) and the ux is not really anything special, something honda could explore.
If this is indeed the TLX, it would be the next generation of this car. Despite the relatively low sales of sedans compared to crossovers, I believe that it would be a mistake for Acura to cancel the stalwart TLX.

And I doubt that there are any more crossover niches for Acura to fill. There is the smaller RDX and the larger MDX; perhaps there is room for a 2-row MDX. I doubt that there is a demand for a premium crossover as small as the HR-V. Lexus will not sell the LBX in North America because it is too small and the UX does not sell well in North America because it is so small.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
If this is indeed the TLX, it would be the next generation of this car. Despite the relatively low sales of sedans compared to crossovers, I believe that it would be a mistake for Acura to cancel the stalwart TLX.

And I doubt that there are any more crossover niches for Acura to fill. There is the smaller RDX and the larger MDX; perhaps there is room for a 2-row MDX. I doubt that there is a demand for a premium crossover as small as the HR-V. Lexus will not sell the LBX in North America because it is too small and the UX does not sell well in North America because it is so small.
The Ux was a disaster to begin with, when bmw an x1, mb had a gla, glb exist and are getting next generations.

Acura, like Volvo, needs the cuv money to survive.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
This is NOT the new TLX.

Update March 15: As it turns out, the images of the Acura sedan you see here may have been published by the patent office this month, but they aren’t new. An Acura spokesperson confirmed to Carscoops that the designs are actually a few years old and depict an internal concept car, not a specific model slated for production.

“Our Acura design teams occasionally submit design concepts for patent protection as part of a standard design process for potential future products,” the spokesperson told us. “The design patent images in question are several years old and relate to a concept model that will not come to market.”