A work of art...

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
2026-bugatti-tourbillon-104-66709d54aa287.jpg

I am amazed at what Mate Rimac and the team at Bugatti have cooked up for the standard bearer of a Hypercar. One would think he'd be letting his proverbial expertise at ev propulsion silence anything and everything ice. Nope! The team came up with a naturally firebreathing 8.3L v16 1000hp mated with a 800hp ev tri motor setup.

Btw it revs upto 9500 rpm.

Hybrid hypercar....thought it be something we'd see from Toyota first, but neverthless it exists and its exciting as heck

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
It's like the 1IS chronograph gauges, except you can't actually read them. Those cars are built to be looked at though, not driven.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Theyre gonna keep making slightly different versions of this thing and keep reeling in the nepo babies spending OPM.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
Theyre gonna keep making slightly different versions of this thing and keep reeling in the nepo babies spending OPM.
Are these all headed to the GC and does the ability to book an allocation require prior brand history?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Are these all headed to the GC and does the ability to book an allocation require prior brand history?
I dont know honestly.
A friend of mind bought a Chiron and it was a special one, but also his first Bugatti.
I imagine theyre receptive to newcomers but will prioritize existing fanatica

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It's like the 1IS chronograph gauges, except you can't actually read them. Those cars are built to be looked at though, not driven.
With modern LCD dashboard they should recreate some classic Lexus dashboard digitally. Like Ford does with the fox body mustang dashboard.

I prefer the Altezza chronograph with tachometer in the middle instead of speedometer.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
With modern LCD dashboard they should recreate some classic Lexus dashboard digitally. Like Ford does with the fox body mustang dashboard.

I prefer the Altezza chronograph with tachometer in the middle instead of speedometer.
They did something nice on the rx f sport (4th gen) with the sliding ring ip. However will lexus sell more units if they enhance the dash is probs the only question they follow?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Just a random rant. Why Bugatti has no problem building a NA 8.3L V16, Lamborghini/Ferrari/Aston Martin have no problem building NA 6.5L V12, and yet Lexus can't think of a way to revive the V10? A modern version slightly bored out and stroked to 5.0-5.2L (they already had a prototype of the larger V10) could easily make 650-700 PS while complying to Euro 6.

The Bugatti presenter said electrification saved naturally aspirated engines because of torque fill. I don't know how Lexus could make a reliable transmission that takes the torque of a TTV8 AND an electric motor for the LFR (I imagine it would be at least 800+250 for combined 1050N.m/774lb.ft). Combining a high revving but low torque NA V10 makes so much sense as even their mass production transmissions can already withstand the torque (the iForce Max transmission can already take 790N.m).

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
Just a random rant. Why Bugatti has no problem building a NA 8.3L V16, Lamborghini/Ferrari/Aston Martin have no problem building NA 6.5L V12, and yet Lexus can't think of a way to revive the V10? A modern version slightly bored out and stroked to 5.0-5.2L (they already had a prototype of the larger V10) could easily make 650-700 PS while complying to Euro 6.

The Bugatti presenter said electrification saved naturally aspirated engines because of torque fill. I don't know how Lexus could make a reliable transmission that takes the torque of a TTV8 AND an electric motor for the LFR (I imagine it would be at least 800+250 for combined 1050N.m/774lb.ft). Combining a high revving but low torque NA V10 makes so much sense as even their mass production transmissions can already withstand the torque (the iForce Max transmission can already take 790N.m).
Thank you for saying out loud what every Lexus and Toyota enthusiast has been thinking for eons.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions

Don't Bugatti, Ferrari, Lambo still need waivers to use those engines? If so there is no chance in hell Mercedes could get one let a lone Toyota.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Not just V10s, but develop any cool engines in the first place.

The reason why? Laziness.
I don't think it's even that. Akio has a pretty clear bias about any remotely cool cars being Toyota badged instead of Lexus, even to the point of making Crown a brand seemingly to keep cars away from Lexus. Any really high-end engine (be it the mythical TTV8 or a V10/12/16) would have to be in a Lexus to make the volume even remotely worthwhile.

We're a ways out from seeing what form any changes Koji Sato is making might take in terms of being more favorable to Lexus. And we're also still in the middle of products developed under the "all electric or bust" mandate that's fallen away. Should be interesting to see what happens.