8th Generation Lexus ES Megathread (ES 350h, ES 350e, ES 500e)

Reactions
Conflicting information from Lexus suggests 2025 Lexus ES to remain the same. Not sure if this is a mistake or we could see the same car again for 2025.
Stay tuned.

Reactions
Could the ES 300h get AWD while remaining the same? It should be quite possible.
Based on previous naming process from Lexus, that’s unlikely. They like to add numbers for more. In example, NX300 becoming 350 or the GX 460 becoming 550

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
With the Lexus LBX available in EU and a few APAC countries, I wonder if Toyota has plans to come up with a smaller FWD biased Lexus slotted below the ES.

Not everyone wants or needs to drive large vehicles.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
With the Lexus LBX available in EU and a few APAC countries, I wonder if Toyota has plans to come up with a smaller FWD biased Lexus slotted below the ES.

Not everyone wants or needs to drive large vehicles.
IS? Otherwise is would be a Lexified Corolla Sedan, but then I’d prefer a Hatchback as CT successor, and so would most.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
IS? Otherwise is would be a Lexified Corolla Sedan, but then I’d prefer a Hatchback as CT successor, and so would most.

The Corolla should grow up in power, the Civic is so powerful now. Maybe Prius is what Toyota puts up against the Civic.

IS probably will likely keep RWD platform. Crazy the RZ has a 60/40 front/rear torque distribution. Just switched the more powerful motors to the rear and make it drive more dynamically.

Hatchback is great. The BMW i4 hatch/ liftgate looks good and practical.

On a BEV, would also prefer a hatchback because of practicality and I probably wouldn't care too much about to 5-7% drop in driving range because it's not as free flowing as a sedan or coupe.

I will most likely go with a BEV once batteries are longer-lived. No point buying another gasoline vehicle here in Canada when the day comes that batteries easily last 20 years.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions

In term of accuracy of rendering I only trust BestCar
It follows the template set by the newest generation of the Camry: Change the front fascia (but it looks too much like a new Toyota now, in my opinion), refresh the rear with the current trend in (full-width) taillight styling, and leave the sides largely unchanged (with just minor tweaks).

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I saw two new Camrys yesterday and was surprised at how “not new” they looked. Even the front and rear don't look all that different in passing. I wish they did more to update the design of the doors or fenders because that’s most of the car and it’s the exact same as the 2018-2024 models. I’m not sure most people will realize it’s even different.

I hope there is a more significant change planned for the ES because I think the stakes are different in the luxury segment - more buyers looking for design or image, and a frumpy front end with the same side profile isn’t going to cut it IMO.

mikeavelli

Reactions
It follows the template set by the newest generation of the Camry: Change the front fascia (but it looks too much like a new Toyota now, in my opinion), refresh the rear with the current trend in (full-width) taillight styling, and leave the sides largely unchanged (with just minor tweaks).

It’s a bumlshit rendering from a real photo

IMG_9563.jpegIMG_9564.jpeg

mikeavelli

Reactions
I saw two new Camrys yesterday and was surprised at how “not new” they looked. Even the front and rear don't look all that different in passing. I wish they did more to update the design of the doors or fenders because that’s most of the car and it’s the exact same as the 2018-2024 models. I’m not sure most people will realize it’s even different.

I hope there is a more significant change planned for the ES because I think the stakes are different in the luxury segment - more buyers looking for design or image, and a frumpy front end with the same side profile isn’t going to cut it IMO.

It’s been quiet but I assume it’s next up for a change. With the Avalon dead and the Camry getting a major refresh, not sure what’s going on.

Reactions
Dealers are getting their 25 allocations and it looks like 25 ES is unchanged. Same 3.5L V6 for ES350 and 2.5L Hybrid front wheel drive.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Dealers are getting their 25 allocations and it looks like 25 ES is unchanged. Same 3.5L V6 for ES350 and 2.5L Hybrid front wheel drive.

I'm hoping that we get to see the new 2L in the new ES for the first time if it's still one year away.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I disagree lol the current 2.5L is way too lethargic. The new 2L with its base specs outputs 300ps is going to crush this measly 200ps engine on the 250 as well as the ancient 300h.
I agree, I should've said the 2.0T shouldn't be the replacement of the V6 and yes it should replace the lower 4cly models. the HybridMax is a worthy replacement for the V6

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
The T24 turbocharged 4-cylinder engine is the replacement for the 2GR 6-cylinder. We don't know yet what will replace the T24.