8th Generation Lexus ES Megathread (ES 350h, ES 350e, ES 500e)

Reactions
Based on some information I’ve got, I can tell Lexus is planning on announcing the new ES lineup this month and they are expected to be at dealers by July.
Most likely ES will have a new ES350h AWD, same as NX and RX hybrid. Also, there may be a AWD electric model. There is a good chance we will continue to see ES350 and that will be 2.4L Turbo engine with AWD option, just like NX, RX and TX.
Good chance we wouldn’t see a performance version such as ES500h F-SPORT Performance.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
Based on some information I’ve got, I can tell Lexus is planning on announcing the new ES lineup this month and they are expected to be at dealers by July.
Most likely ES will have a new ES350h AWD, same as NX and RX hybrid. Also, there may be a AWD electric model. There is a good chance we will continue to see ES350 and that will be 2.4L Turbo engine with AWD option, just like NX, RX and TX.
Good chance we wouldn’t see a performance version such as ES500h F-SPORT Performance.
How about PHEV?

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
With a BEV, there shouldn't be a reason why the vehicles aren't RWD-biased, correct?

Oh, just looked the RZ up. So 60/40 is the default. I guess still much better than the E-Four system.

E-Four delivers all-wheel drive through an additional electric motor integrated into the rear differential. In normal conditions, E-Four is in standby mode and the SUV is driven by the front wheels for maximum efficiency.

All-wheel drive comes standard courtesy of a 150-kw front motor and 80-kw rear motor and a 71.4-kwh battery pack supplied with Panasonic cells, though the usable capacity is 64 kw. Five drive modes vary driving dynamics such as throttle response and torque distribution between the axles, but in most cases the system defaults to a 60/40 front-axle driving bias. Coming into turns, the bias shifts more to the front to manage understeer, and out of turns, the bias shifts to the rear axle for better traction and acceleration.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
I don't know. If the 2025 ES is being shipped to dealers by July, I am thinking that it is not a new model (like the 2025 Camry is being marketed as a new model) but a continuation of the current model.

If for no other reasons than marketing and logistics, I believe a new model of the ES will be introduced as the new Camry was introduced, with an announcement close to an international auto show (LA in November perhaps), followed a few months later (in Spring 2025) with driving impressions and ship to dealers soon after that. This would mean that availability at dealers is about a year from now as a 2026 model, not July 2024.

Reactions
I don't know. If the 2025 ES is being shipped to dealers by July, I am thinking that it is not a new model (like the 2025 Camry is being marketed as a new model) but a continuation of the current model.

If for no other reasons than marketing and logistics, I believe a new model of the ES will be introduced as the new Camry was introduced, with an announcement close to an international auto show (LA in November perhaps), followed a few months later (in Spring 2025) with driving impressions and ship to dealers soon after that. This would mean that availability at dealers is about a year from now as a 2026 model, not July 2024.
You are most likely correct.
Lexus is not going to change the platform as it is a successful one and they are currently using it for ES, RX, RZ, NX and TX.
Since it’s a new platform, it’s unlikely to change significantly.
But doing the redesign, may mean a near complete redesign, and not a complete one. It’s not necessarily a bad thing.
Since the ES is being built in Kentucky, at least until it moves back to Japan, we should see them in July based on the information I’ve received.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
I didn’t see any indications on plug-in versions. I may have missed it. But sometimes they have incomplete information at the beginning.
I think Lexus is in a great position to fill this gap. A plug-in ES “+” wouldn’t have too much competitors and might appeal to someone who doesn’t want an SUV to get a plug-in. They might be able to price this under the German competition and have decent sales. It would be an intriguing option for me.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
I think Lexus is in a great position to fill this gap. A plug-in ES “+” wouldn’t have too much competitors and might appeal to someone who doesn’t want an SUV to get a plug-in. They might be able to price this under the German competition and have decent sales. It would be an intriguing option for me.
They probably won't give a phev because supply for batteries is still short and lexus es and camry are probably lower on phev preference scale than many crossovers and crown (cause it's a crossover)

Reactions
If there's a good reason to consider the ES still, its because its a better lease deal than the new Camry

2025 Toyota Camry Lease More Expensive Than Lexus ES

The Toyota Camry received its first major redesign since 2018 for the 2025 model year. The new generation of Camry is particularly notable, as the venerable sedan is now only being offered with a hybrid for the first time in the model's history. Unsurprisingly, this makes the new Camry more expensive than the outgoing model. You can now lease a Lexus ES for less than a Camry XLE. Here's what you need to know about the latest 2025 Toyota Camry lease deals.

A recent dealer bulletin from Toyota revealed the redesigned 2025 Camry's first lease deals. You can lease a base LE model for $359 per month over 36 months with $2,999 due at signing for a $442 effective monthly cost. That's not a standout deal relative to the LE's $29,804 MSRP, but it's over $100 a month cheaper than the equivalent 2024 Camry Hybrid lease.

However, upgrading to the 2025 Camry XLE will set you back $469 a month over 36 months with $2,999 due at signing. The effective monthly cost is $552, which is very steep for this segment; so much so you can lease a luxurious Lexus ES for less.

Right now, you can lease a 2024 Lexus ES 350 FWD for $399 per month over 36 months with $4,999 due at signing. The ES' effective monthly cost works out to $538, which is a much better value given its $47,140 MSRP. Keep in mind this is a non-hybrid ES trim; the ES 300h is $100 more expensive. Still, The ES 350 offers substantial power and comfort upgrades over the Camry for a more affordable lease price.

It shouldn't be that surprising that the initial 2025 Camry lease deals aren't particularly favorable, especially on the higher trims. On top of that, the ES benefits from $1,000 in subvention cash from Lexus Financial Services factored into the lease deal, making it the better sedan to lease right now.

All Toyota deals mentioned are advertised in Los Angeles, while the Lexus offers are available in the Western United States. All offers expire on June 3rd.