4th Generation Toyota Century Thread [Officially Revealed]

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
I've been calling this for a while. The century sedan is already developed in parallel with the LS, why shouldn't the LX be the century SUV's contemporary at Lexus?

Once the GX positions itself as the true, dedicated fullsize luxury offroader, the LX can shift to becoming a more luxury oriented offering.
It would certainly leapfrog the competition in what’s available in the class. Even if they had to strip it down a bit so that it’s competitively priced. An SUV with slide out doors like this is not available by anyone, combined with the fit and finish would convert some buyers. Much of the cost can be subsidized if they have a few models to produce besides Century. Do it Lexus.

mikeavelli

Reactions
So confused.. if it comes here as a Toyota that means a 150k vehicle at Toyota dealerships. Lexus doesn’t have that priced vehicle currently. Also i’m sorry but that much money for the same engine and platform as a RX etc is wild to me.

It’s also wild to me we wanted all the old Crown/Century etc JDM stuff and we are getting the names in all fwd based hybrid stuff. I don’t think the Crown is moving at all. All the Crown stuff people I know wants is staying in Japan.

So confused lol…

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
So confused.. if it comes here as a Toyota that means a 150k vehicle at Toyota dealerships. Lexus doesn’t have that priced vehicle currently. Also i’m sorry but that much money for the same engine and platform as a RX etc is wild to me.

It’s also wild to me we wanted all the old Crown/Century etc JDM stuff and we are getting the names in all fwd based hybrid stuff. I don’t think the Crown is moving at all. All the Crown stuff people I know wants is staying in Japan.

So confused lol…
IMO the Crown Sport would be a huge success here. As a sporty lifestyle crossover, a cheaper Macan.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions

So confused lol…
I guess they are following in the GTR foot step if it keeps the Toyota name. The real question is what happens when the LX 750h arrives if it ever does?

Falcon

Fan
Reactions
Toyota will position Century as a brand above Lexus. So more than likely it will at least be sold in Lexus showrooms like in China. Also the SUV is based on the TX and is completely hand-built and will also be made to order.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions

So confused lol…
Honestly, even until now I'm still both surprised and confused as to why Toyota suddenly decided to slap their long running RWD luxury car nameplates (Crown and Century) onto a bunch of FWD based vehicles, riding on a platform that's somewhat related to a Camry that starts at a little over $26k MSRP. IMO the FWD based Crown is downright bizarre, it might look like a crossover with a liftgate but it's actually an extremely bloated sedan, not sure how many consumers would like the combination of a bulky crossover that has the smaller trunk opening size of a sedan. The Crown and Century that people really want to be sold outside of Japan are still the RWD based sedans for the Japanese market.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Honestly, even until now I'm still both surprised and confused as to why Toyota suddenly decided to slap their long running RWD luxury car nameplates (Crown and Century) onto a bunch of FWD based vehicles, riding on a platform that's somewhat related to a Camry that starts at a little over $26k MSRP. IMO the FWD based Crown is downright bizarre, it might look like a crossover with a liftgate but it's actually an extremely bloated sedan, not sure how many consumers would like the combination of a bulky crossover that has the smaller trunk opening size of a sedan. The Crown and Century that people really want to be sold outside of Japan are still the RWD based sedans for the Japanese market.
And it shows crown sedan has been very successful many people have traded in their crossovers for the sedan

Falcon

Fan
Reactions
Bro thought he actually cooked. He's talking about people in Japan trading in the vehicle above for the RWD Crown sedan.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Bro thought he actually cooked. He's talking about people in Japan trading in the vehicle above for the RWD Crown sedan.
Not that we actually have any data to back up that people are trading the crossover for the sedan. I imagine that Toyota Japan keeps that data pretty close to their vest.

IMO, the Crown crossover isn't doing well in the US. It is a market of 1 and it has cash on the hood. That's all we really need to know about the car and if it is meeting expectations. I think the Signia will do significantly better in the US market. I wouldn't be shocked to see it convert from a premium wagon/crossover to an outdoorsy wagon/crossover in the midcycle refresh for the North Face / Patagonia set.