Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Road and Track's review mentioned some sort of chassis shiver over broken pavement, read a bunch of other articles and they seem to be the only ones noting it. They didn't specify whether it was an F-Sport or any of the lower trim levels without AHC

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Road and Track's review mentioned some sort of chassis shiver over broken pavement, read a bunch of other articles and they seem to be the only ones noting it. They didn't specify whether it was an F-Sport or any of the lower trim levels without AHC
That’s such a bad review.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Yes, Lexus knows their customers very well. We are not their main customers. It feels like that LX600 is not a product designed for US customers but something they have to bring to US market.

On the other hand, Tundra is a product designed for US customers. Sequoia is another one. I am really looking forward to seeing the all new Sequoia. Both Tundra and Sequoia will have more advanced powertrain than LX. LX750h won't be available anytime soon (in a year or two).
From the time the first leaks on the LX, to release, this was evident. The original Bentley-beater comments stemmed from a particular dealer region not in the US, as did the J300 development team that spent quite some time in that same sales territory doing product and market research. The LX's flag-bearing model is the Ultra luxury, which is meant to be enjoyed in the back two seats; popular in markets where being driven is more of a thing, then driving.

The comments of small tachometer, smaller size HUD, double screens, older LSS 2.5 probably wont matter if the vehicle owner is spending their time in the back seat?

I think thats why the GX is being tailored for the any market which has owners behind the wheel rather then behind the front passenger seat.

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
I guess those of us who were waiting for the Bentley Bentayga beater can now begin the wait anew for the TX. As a relatively recent Lexus fan (10 years or so), I feel I am spending all my time waiting for models :)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The Motor Trend review said the LX is still a work in progress. First-year models are missing standard equipment and features because of supply shortages (like the missing front row wireless charger on Ultra Luxury) and Lexus will fix these shortcomings in future model years when supplies are more stable.

It's indeed strange that BBA are removing standard equipment on their lower end models while keeping their flagships fully equipped but Lexus takes the opposite approach.

The Venza/Harrier has that S-Class electronic panoroof tech that hasn't been adopted in any Lexus yet. Despite doing a decent job at updating its dated lineup, it feels like Lexus still gets second class treatment within TMC.

I guess those of us who were waiting for the Bentley Bentayga beater can now begin the wait anew for the TX. As a relatively recent Lexus fan (10 years or so), I feel I am spending all my time waiting for models :)
TX is a people mover. It will not be anything near a Bentayga. If you want Bentley, buy Bentley, not a Lexus.

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Well i guess if a 3 row family hauler cuv is a bentley then ok....

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
TX is a people mover. It will not be anything near a Bentayga. If you want Bentley, buy Bentley, not a Lexus.
Sorry guys ... I know that a Lexus will never ever approach a Bentley (and was not naïve to expect that at Lexus-level prices). I think my comment was based on the talk prior to the new LX been released, about the new LX been something to seriously compete in the luxury SUV segment and almost approach Bentley level luxury. What I was looking forward to was a spacious 3-row family hauler with some nice technology. Was very optimistic after the new NX was released (as I feel the new NX is currently one of the best, if not the best in the small-to-mid-size SUV segment). Was expecting the new LX to be like the new NX, but on a much grander scale. Anyway enough ranting/complaining from me.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Sorry guys ... I know that a Lexus will never ever approach a Bentley (and was not naïve to expect that at Lexus-level prices). I think my comment was based on the talk prior to the new LX been released, about the new LX been something to seriously compete in the luxury SUV segment and almost approach Bentley level luxury. What I was looking forward to was a spacious 3-row family hauler with some nice technology. Was very optimistic after the new NX was released (as I feel the new NX is currently one of the best, if not the best in the small-to-mid-size SUV segment). Was expecting the new LX to be like the new NX, but on a much grander scale. Anyway enough ranting/complaining from me.
My expectations were same. Unfortunately a lot of people were disappointed. On the other hand, there is still 750H coming out, hopefully next year. Will see what will it bring.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions

Redline Reviews alluded to something similar in their review of the LX600 F-Sport.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
My expectations were same. Unfortunately a lot of people were disappointed. On the other hand, there is still 750H coming out, hopefully next year. Will see what will it bring.
More powA!!!! is alway a good thing. However at least for the US, where most of the "complaints" would only be rectified with the refresh.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
One could imagine that certain features missing in comparison to their competition could be reserved for a refresh. I wouldn't know but such an idea can't be that out there.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
The Motor Trend review said the LX is still a work in progress. First-year models are missing standard equipment and features because of supply shortages (like the missing front row wireless charger on Ultra Luxury) and Lexus will fix these shortcomings in future model years when supplies are more stable.

It's indeed strange that BBA are removing standard equipment on their lower end models while keeping their flagships fully equipped but Lexus takes the opposite approach.

The Venza/Harrier has that S-Class electronic panoroof tech that hasn't been adopted in any Lexus yet. Despite doing a decent job at updating its dated lineup, it feels like Lexus still gets second class treatment within TMC.

I guess priorities. I think the idea is if the Basic vehicles have this features, then there is no doubt the flagship vehicle will eventually get them. I know it doesn't look good on them to omit such things however looking at recent talks and action from the company , they are doing a great job of updating the vehicles as needed and not waiting for the refresh period.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I commented this on Kirk's video but its also worth a shot to ask here. Would anyone have information on when or if Lexus Teammate will be a part of the LX in the near future?

Not sure on the LX. At the HQ confidential event I drove a LS or it drove me with it. Well it’s been substantially updated since then and I drove the newer version in ATLANTA in a LS. My assumption is they will continue to try to get it better before rolling out to anything else.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Exactly. LX has never been a US-centric product as I believe the most popular market for it is the Middle East -- we just get it because it's easy to slot in here and "good enough" for the US market to avoid platform engineering a Lexus Sequoia. If LX was a US-spec product, it would be about 12" longer with a lot of that being in wheelbase, and with V8 and hybrid options. Probably independent rear suspension as well. GX is not dissimilar being based on the Prado... both are a matter of cost efficiency vs. "good enough" market fit.

TX is going to be the "America-centric" three row CUV, but we have to wait a bit longer on that one. It is no surprise to me that the Tundra is so loved and celebrated in the US but seemingly in Australia and the Middle East as well... it is a very USDM product in every way, and Toyota did a great job. LX is a lot more compromised (global product, replacing the Land Cruiser in some markets, needs to be a luxury flagship, etc).

Yup. I really think people need to recognize the LX is really more like a roomier G Wagon. They are rare and true off roaders and offer some compromises. In exchange you get something truly capable and rare.

With a new Sequoia coming we can assume a Lexus version is finally coming. As gecko is saying that is the suv for the USA.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Yup. I really think people need to recognize the LX is really more like a roomier G Wagon. They are rare and true off roaders and offer some compromises. In exchange you get something truly capable and rare.

With a new Sequoia coming we can assume a Lexus version is finally coming. As gecko is saying that is the suv for the USA.
Interesting thought. A Lexus Sequoia version would be a true X7/GLS competitor, but I don't know if I can see an additional Lexus SUV after the TX is introduced. UX, NX, RX, TX, GX, LX, -X?

Now the kicker is....could the Lexus TX actually be a rebadged Sequoia, not a rebadged Grand Highlander? I don't know if a Lexus rep ever confirmed what the TX platform was.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the TX trademarks are 350 and 500h. You can't put that powertrain in something Sequoia sized.

Last edited: