spwolf

Expert
Reactions
base with premium package and 18" wheels looks like a winner to me. or whatever kirk was showing, it was 95k vehicle and leaps and bounds above current one.

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
Atomic silver + Appearance Package + 18" wheels looks pretty sick! It has similar look as the OFFROAD show car at Tokyo Auto Salon.

1642454629093.png

Adrian

Fan
Reactions
I commented this on Kirk's video but its also worth a shot to ask here. Would anyone have information on when or if Lexus Teammate will be a part of the LX in the near future?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I commented this on Kirk's video but its also worth a shot to ask here. Would anyone have information on when or if Lexus Teammate will be a part of the LX in the near future?
I doubt it. It’s still on LSS 2.5+, it’s a step behind even the NX.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Teammate has a been slow rollout. Toyota rolled out their new boxy vans with teammate. So i assume the total Toyota portofolio has 2 vehicles with teammate....Expect Teammate to be on the LX at the refresh, NX fairly sooner.

LSS at this time is 2.5 with OTA for 3.

Side Note lexus has a very diverse LSS offering.

Pre-LSS is on the GX
LSS 2.0 for old-K platform models
LSS 2.0 and 2.5 and 3.0 for GA-K/GA-L/GA-C/GA-F

Hopefully they quickly align LSS as platform cycle independent, so theyre not waiting for the Mid Model Refreshs

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I would like to hear about rear seat legroom compared to a LS500 Executive. On paper it has way less legroom but being a SUV the rear seat could move back a lot more so it should be more spacious than LS500?

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
Watched several driving reviews on YouTube. LX600 is a great SUV. However, there are a couple of things bother me.

1. No panoramic sunroof
2. Don't like that tiny tachometer.
3. Digital rear view mirror is ONLY available on Ultra Luxury.
4. Lack of massaging seats for $100k+ SUV

i-Force MAX (Hybrid) should have been the default powertrain.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Watched several driving reviews on YouTube. LX600 is a great SUV. However, there are a couple of things bother me.

1. No panoramic sunroof

i-Force MAX (Hybrid) should have been the default powertrain.
The LX product planning team clearly took the LC leaving the USDM market as a reason for the Base to exist in the USDM. The lack of a pano roof, the digital rear view, and massaging seats are interesting choices.

The Tundra, on the same TGNA-F platform and lacking a rear cab gets a pano roof for example.

However as @ssun30 points out, Lexus knows their customers more then any one else soo I guess they have data to back this decision. I hope the RX and GX both which are much more modern programs get that (RX definitely since Honda-plus has it in their Type S).

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

1. No panoramic sunroof

Agree, and these are fair criticisms IMO. Another one that I saw come up was no captains chairs for the second row.

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
The LX product planning team clearly took the LC leaving the USDM market as a reason for the Base to exist in the USDM. The lack of a pano roof, the digital rear view, and massaging seats are interesting choices.

The Tundra, on the same TGNA-F platform and lacking a rear cab gets a pano roof for example.

However as @ssun30 points out, Lexus knows their customers more then any one else soo I guess they have data to back this decision. I hope the RX and GX both which are much more modern programs get that (RX definitely since Honda-plus has it in their Type S).

Yes, Lexus knows their customers very well. We are not their main customers. It feels like that LX600 is not a product designed for US customers but something they have to bring to US market.

On the other hand, Tundra is a product designed for US customers. Sequoia is another one. I am really looking forward to seeing the all new Sequoia. Both Tundra and Sequoia will have more advanced powertrain than LX. LX750h won't be available anytime soon (in a year or two).

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Tell me you are scared of the competition's press embargo lift without telling me you are scared.
Escalade is no competition IMO, this picture below turned me off to this car.

Attachments

• 2021 Cadillac Escalade.jpg
    2021 Cadillac Escalade.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 15

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Yes, Lexus knows their customers very well. We are not their main customers. It feels like that LX600 is not a product designed for US customers but something they have to bring to US market.

On the other hand, Tundra is a product designed for US customers. Sequoia is another one. I am really looking forward to seeing the all new Sequoia. Both Tundra and Sequoia will have more advanced powertrain than LX. LX750h won't be available anytime soon (in a year or two).

Exactly. LX has never been a US-centric product as I believe the most popular market for it is the Middle East -- we just get it because it's easy to slot in here and "good enough" for the US market to avoid platform engineering a Lexus Sequoia. If LX was a US-spec product, it would be about 12" longer with a lot of that being in wheelbase, and with V8 and hybrid options. Probably independent rear suspension as well. GX is not dissimilar being based on the Prado... both are a matter of cost efficiency vs. "good enough" market fit.

TX is going to be the "America-centric" three row CUV, but we have to wait a bit longer on that one. It is no surprise to me that the Tundra is so loved and celebrated in the US but seemingly in Australia and the Middle East as well... it is a very USDM product in every way, and Toyota did a great job. LX is a lot more compromised (global product, replacing the Land Cruiser in some markets, needs to be a luxury flagship, etc).

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions

Completely agree ... seems clear the new LX was designed for a different non-NA audience (think the Middle East, Russia etc). They seem much more interested in off-roading features than true luxury or advanced tech features.

Personally I have been disappointed with both the 5th gen LS and 4th gen LX ... they took forever to come up with the new models and when it finally arrived, just not impressive enough. After 10-14 years of redesign, I expected something a lot more mind-blowing.

Anyway Lexus/Toyota are just a business and so they will just make the necessary decisions to produce the best long-term profits. In this case since the majority of the LX buyers are outside of NA, they are going to listen to those customers and not the NA customers.

Just my personal 2 cents ...