JustADude

Follower
Reactions
It will be, longer wheelbase and maybe around the same overall length or a bit longer. Bigger interior also

mikeavelli

Reactions
It will be very embarrassing if the Tx is bigger than the LX on the inside and outside…

The point of the TX is to be more family friendly. The Grand Highlander was just released so you can make your guesses. LX to me is more G Wagon to me.. it just isn’t a big family oriented SUV

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The LX isnt a normal mass market vehicle. It is a limited availability item with a backlog and a very specific guiding principle and a very particular market appeal.

Honestly think of it like the LC500.
Or even the LS500, given what the ES offers. Theyre these excessive embodiments of their respective classes without real concern of competitor approach, often to particular but charismatic fault.

Sub L is where the rational live. L is where Lexus harvests those of us broken in all the right ways.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
The point of the TX is to be more family friendly. The Grand Highlander was just released so you can make your guesses. LX to me is more G Wagon to me.. it just isn’t a big family oriented SUV

Agree with this. Though I've ridden in many problematic G-Wagons, but I get where you're going Mike.

I think for a lot of LX buyers, they know they are getting one of, if not THE, most capable SUVs in the world in a package that many dismiss as simply another mall-crawler luxury SUV like a GLE or X7.

But the devil is in the details with the LX. Quality, luxury and reliability built for a decades long life cycle.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Agree with this. Though I've ridden in many problematic G-Wagons, but I get where you're going Mike.

I think for a lot of LX buyers, they know they are getting one of, if not THE, most capable SUVs in the world in a package that many dismiss as simply another mall-crawler luxury SUV like a GLE or X7.

But the devil is in the details with the LX. Quality, luxury and reliability built for a decades long life cycle.
That is true. Unfortunatelly LX interior and exterior is done like it was approved in the last second without any care. Very dissapointed with it. I was waiting so long to upgrade my '13LX and got this dissapoitment.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah i mean the wheelbase hasn’t changed in 30 years or so. Being shared with the LC means serious off roading overseas and they won’t go past this “magic wheelbase”. Which means compromise inside.

If the TX is like the Grand Highlander it seems to be right around the LX in length (201” long) but totally focused on interior space and packaging and no true off roading (different platform).

The Sequoia is larger than both sharing the LX/LC platform but no Lexus based version. The Sequoia still is smaller than the GM triplets and not even close to the extended versions.

The thing is, all these current production vehicles are selling well or sold out.

The Grand Highlander seems aimed right at the MDX. The top engine even has more power than the Type S. I think the TX has a couple nice surprises up its sleeve

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
so, what motor does everyone think this will have? and also will the overall size get bigger cabin?

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
I guess my only other question be would the 3rd row get bigger? I agree this must be huge changes coming.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I'm sure they're not gonna make physical changes to the car like size. The Hybrid will probably only be on the VIP/Executive trim so there's no compromise for space