mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Looks promising! I hope the interior is luxurious and befitting a flagship vehicle. The NX interior is a disappointment and not luxurious enough (even for its segment)

Adrian

Fan
Reactions
RIP to the split tailgate

But the design has looked pretty good, from what we've seen so far. Can anyone hint as to when Lexus will make a performance based SUV?

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
You asked for it: is actually more of a truck than a car, isn't it?
In Europe we are not waiting for this, fortunately.
And an 'h' or an 'e' version would probably be ridiculous, wouldn't it?
Sorry, but I'll skip this one.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

Lexus Japan really loves a bland, multi-spoke wheel on a flagship car - and somehow, they always get their way despite the regions asking for something nicer. At least that's easy to fix.

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 11.33.17 AM.png

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
It looks to me that LX will almost look identical to Toyota LC. Not good.
LX was supposed to be on par with Bentley. I hope so, but will see.

I hope I will have a good reason to upgrade from my '13 LX.
lx600.png

Will1991

Reactions
That’s from the new Renault Megane:

maxresdefault.jpg

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Take a look again at the Mag-X render again, and you will see some similarity in between. Their rendering on the 5th LS was pretty on point if I recall.19-11-27-lexus-lx-mag-x-page.jpg

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Imho MagX missed the mark on this one. Either way, the LX doesnt seem to be steering away from the tried and tested formula toyota has followed in the past, which in fairness GM, Ford, Nissan (and even Mercedes and their maybach brand) all use today.

The 4 seater is probably going to be what will showcase the capability, engineering and design prowess, and material advances that Lexus can achieve when budget constraints are removed.

In the North American markets I assume the pricing is set to start above 100k. The only wild card that is TBD is a unicorn v8 tt.

Reactions
RIP to the split tailgate

But the design has looked pretty good, from what we've seen so far. Can anyone hint as to when Lexus will make a performance based SUV?
sigh, I don't think we will ever get even get a medium performance suv out of them yet alone a true ///M or AMG competitor. I guess we could always hold our breath for the RZ

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Imho MagX missed the mark on this one. Either way, the LX doesnt seem to be steering away from the tried and tested formula toyota has followed in the past, which in fairness GM, Ford, Nissan (and even Mercedes and their maybach brand) all use today.

The 4 seater is probably going to be what will showcase the capability, engineering and design prowess, and material advances that Lexus can achieve when budget constraints are removed.

In the North American markets I assume the pricing is set to start above 100k. The only wild card that is TBD is a unicorn v8 tt.

Remember the leaked NX promo? It still has the traditional logo on it. The Lexus lettering is clearly a last minute decision.