Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
With the exception of the head and tail lights, it will be interesting to see how much Lexus can do to change the LX exterior. The major changes will be on the inside, not the outside IMO.

I've wondered this too. My first thought was because we don't have the Land Cruiser in the USA anymore, they could pretty much use the exterior of the LC300 and update bumpers and light designs... but the LX and Land Cruiser are sold alongside each other in so many other markets that such a strategy wouldn't work. They will have to do something to make it different... I keep hearing the new LX is just incredible, so I have my fingers crossed.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I've wondered this too. My first thought was because we don't have the Land Cruiser in the USA anymore, they could pretty much use the exterior of the LC300 and update bumpers and light designs... but the LX and Land Cruiser are sold alongside each other in so many other markets that such a strategy wouldn't work. They will have to do something to make it different... I keep hearing the new LX is just incredible, so I have my fingers crossed.
Agree but in same time worried from the same point

If they are more diff than the LC200 and LX570 why they ditched the LC300 in NA and leave the next LX alone!

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Because it was too expensive and they did not sell enough
LC always located as high end SUV
And in UK until last LC Amazon was head 2 head with the Range Rover, that first.

Secondly the LC j300 is even more upscale and had more upscale materials than before

So either the materials , fit & finish are more closer than ever or the next generation LX will be even cheaper than the current

Those are the only logic assumptions for me

Anyway very soon we will see the LX and know the difference of it with the J300 and the current J200 based

Will1991

Reactions
I would say it's the TX!!

It seems small to be the LX, but it seems to have the new 3 projector headlight which is a Lexus design feature.

A proper 3-row Lexus SUV!

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
I'm thinking LX also. When you look at the second picture showing front. It looks very close to current LX.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-08-19-lexus-lx-spy-shots.jpg

There are new spy shots of the next-generation Lexus LX courtesy of TFLtruck.com, with the prototype showing off a body style very similar to the new Toyota Land Cruiser. There’s camouflage covering up all the interesting parts, but a light bar similar to the second-generation NX crossover appears to be poking out from behind the cladding.
2021-08-19-lexus-lx-spy-shot-rear.jpg

This LX prototype was spotted in Long Beach, California, with Texas license plates — TFLtruck.com has multiple photos, be sure to...

Continue reading...

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
I think this is new Sequoia because the front grill and headlight doesn’t look like a Lexus

James

Founding Member
Reactions
interesting I thought it was going to be closer to a Range Rover this time no? Maybe I'm imagining hearing that somewhere.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
The camouflage sure works. I’d guess the LX but I’m not seeing the outline of the spindle grill up front.