2nd generation IS stereo help needed

Reactions
Good morning forum. I have already searched and I guess that my question may be a little too in depth.

I have an 09 IS250 with Nav w/o ML, and I would like to have streaming Bluetooth and Ipod controls. Factory if possible.

I don't want to do add ons if possible.

My questions are:
Is the Bluetooth chipset in the Nav / Touchscreen module? If so has anyone ever just replaced the chipset?
and...
If I upgrade the CD module to 2010 or above, and buy the factory wire harness to include USB, will that be enough to add the Ipod function?

Again, I don't want to buy add ons like Grom, etc. They seem to have issues like having to eliminate the current Lexus Bluetooth, and only using the ipod functions through playlists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to working with the community.

Thank you for being here.

Reactions: RAL

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I don't know that anyone's done that kind of hacking. Beat-Sonic ( https://www.beatsonicusa.com/ ) are the experts in this kind of thing and they don't have a kit for it, but they do have a kit to swap the factory stereo for a standard double-DIN unit on your IS. That's probably the safest way to get an upgraded stereo, and it's solder-free so you can always put back the factory unit later if you want to sell the car.

Note that they sell separate kits for 2006-2009 and 2010+ IS250s, which indicates that the factory wiring harness probably changed with the 2010s so swapping in a 2010 head unit likely would be a problem.