2024(2025?) Audi A5/S5 Avant (B10)

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Nearly Production Ready
1683733368637.png
1683733377500.png1683733384860.png

This is the upcoming 2024 or 2025 Audi S5 Avant, rumoured to be coming to the US which I'm extremely amped about and will definitely be saving up to purchase one in 2-3 years to replace my B8.5 Allroad (unless Lexus brings an ICE IS Wagon themselves). This car has been incredibly delayed, been testing with production body form since 2021, and should've debuted last year and been on sale already.

Supposed to ride on the new PPC platform replacing MLBevo, and powertrains aren't confirmed but it'll either retain the 3.0t for the S5+mild hybrid or a detuned 2.9tt from the current RS 5. And of course the base A4 will be powered by the next-generation EA888 which is said to be the best one yet.

Replacing the A4/S4 Avant, as Audi's ICE models move to an odd-number nomenclature, while the EVs will be even-numbered (obviously, this doesn't apply to Chinese lineup as they have Q5 E-Trons and Q6 ICEs).

Personally really love how much sleeker it's gotten with the raked wagon-roofline, as well as it's better defined fenders.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Looks very similar to current models imo. Great cars to look at in their showrooms.
Not a car i would choose though, rather iffy re sale in South Africa.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I certainly hope not, I hope Audi continues their trend of at least offering a dedicated climate control setup/screen.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I don't remember where I read it. VW is aware of the problems of their buttonless (lack of hard switches) centre control stack and newer vehicles going forward will offer the return to (some) real, hard switches.

Professionals working with human factors are applauding the move.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
That was supposed to happen but the new Passat and MK8.5 Golf and updated ID models are simply just illuminating that climate control area instead of bringing back buttons.

Hopefully the new era VWs that follow the ID2 concept retain interior buttons. Or atleast designated climate control screens.

Reactions
MK8.5 Golf (due next calendar year) is supposed to replace the steering wheel haptic controls with buttons. What I've heard about the dash though is consistent with GOR134.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
What I read is that real buttons and switches will start with the ID.2 and spread to other models after that.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
1700715003998.png1700715025370.png1700715049547.png

Some more spy shots were out today, getting a better look at this car's body. Love the sleek body lines with flared out rear fenders. Definitely a huge improvement over the boring B9 A4, can't wait to see this car on the road here in the USA.

1700715146236.png
1700715167244.png

Some new Sportback S5 spy shots were also released today.

Both Sportback and Avant bodystyle have been testing in the USA for over a year now. For what it's worth, these cars were supposed to be on sale last year.

Development has long since been completed, with the missing link being the software, an issue that has plagued the launch of the Porsche Macan EV and Audi Q6 e-Tron as well which were initially intended to go on sale last year in June, but have not even been revealed yet. VW's Cariad software development firm is at fault, and recently more delays were announced by up to 16 weeks iirc.. so we can expect to see the new A5/S5 debut shortly after the Q6 e-Tron debuts.. probably spring next year.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
So, are the new A5, new Passat and new Superb triplets? Same platform, powertrains etc…?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Passat and Superb yes, as they are on the MQBevo transverse fwd platform.

A5 will be on the upcoming PPC (Premium Platform Combustion) with it's longitudinal FWD/AWD platform, replacing the MLBevo platform. Developed jointly with the PPE (Premium Platform Electric) platform that the Macan EV and Q6 e-Tron are to use.