3rd Gen Toyota Sequoia Thread (2023+)

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
Toyota_SUV_Teaser_FULL_1-18-2022-1500x1000.jpg

https://pressroom.toyota.com/the-next-big-thing-from-toyota-is-on-the-horizon/

Looks like the new Sequoia will be unveiled soon.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Toyota telling me in Plano that the new Sequoia was "absolutely beautiful" is coming back to mind... :love:
Heard the same thing and the teaser there looks on point. C pillar looks to be shared with LX600 and LC300, which is no surprise. Ironically, 3rd row window almost looks lifted off a 200 Series LX570. Loses a little bit of that forward-raking design it had it the first 2 gens and what the 4Runner has had it's entire run. Excited to see it fully revealed.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Might be. I believe the sequoia has a planned reveal though either way 6 months from the tundra launch so before or on Q1 22.

That being said if this is indeed the grand highlander, the TX has some great foundation to build upon.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
I think this is the Sequoia for sure. Autoblog played with the exposure on the photo and saw the tagline "The forest, and its trees, almost in view."
But I agree, shells look very similar.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I think this is the Sequoia for sure. Autoblog played with the exposure on the photo and saw the tagline "The forest, and its trees, almost in view."
But I agree, shells look very similar.
I was just coming back to say this too. Sequoia would make sense with that teaser/tagline. I don't even know now!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
That stamped body above does line up very well with the teaser... so now I'm confused between Grand Highlander and Sequoia...

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
This angle looks nice! A lot like LC300. I will pick TRD Pro Sequoia with i-Force MAX over LX600.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
Pretty simple recipe:

As comfortable or better ride as Yukon, Suburban, Tahoe and Expedition.

Interior similar to to new Tundra.

Expected Toyota quality and reliability (questionable on new Tundras)

Don't be too ugly up front.

....And we'd write a check right now, paid in full (I haven't wrote a check in like 4 years so I'd have the wife do it lol)

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Expected Toyota quality and reliability (questionable on new Tundras)
Remember when the sky was falling over the cams breaking on the 2007 Tundra with the 5.7L? Probably not, but the forums and comment sections were certain that it was a harbinger of doom. IMO, unless Toyota changed their overall quality process, I'd expect that any issues found at launch are fixed quickly and don't end up in the chronic category. I think with any new model there are issues that come up after launch... it comes down to how the customer is treated and what the manufacturer puts in place to prevent it going forward. Toyota is typically very good at this.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
What if they were wrong and the body relates to the Sequoia from the first and not the Grand Highlander