2023 RX 350h - Lexus Integrated Dashcam Installation

Reactions
I just purchased a Lexus RX 350h and had the dealer's service department install a Lexus Integrated Dashcam. The picture @ https://www.lexus.com/My-Lexus/resources/dashcam shows the dashcam mounted on the driver's side of the review mirror. This seems like the obvious location since the driver needs to have occasional access to the buttons. Much to my surprise, it was installed on the passenger side and as you can see from my picture, the dashcam is barely visible behind the mirror. I can't see the buttons or reach them while driving.

The dealership tells me that in my vehicle, the wiring harness will only allow the dashcam to be mounted on the passenger side. Can anyone verify this? Is someone fibbing to me, or is this poor Lexus design?

Attachments

• 2023-04-27 11.52.58.jpg
    2023-04-27 11.52.58.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
From the photos on the CL thread, it does look like the wiring only allows it to be on the passenger side.

Reactions
I just purchased a Lexus RX 350h and had the dealer's service department install a Lexus Integrated Dashcam. The picture @ https://www.lexus.com/My-Lexus/resources/dashcam shows the dashcam mounted on the driver's side of the review mirror. This seems like the obvious location since the driver needs to have occasional access to the buttons. Much to my surprise, it was installed on the passenger side and as you can see from my picture, the dashcam is barely visible behind the mirror. I can't see the buttons or reach them while driving.

The dealership tells me that in my vehicle, the wiring harness will only allow the dashcam to be mounted on the passenger side. Can anyone verify this? Is someone fibbing to me, or is this poor Lexus design?
This is correct, the wiring harness in the headliner is set towards the passenger side not the driver. I'm not quite sure if its to minimize distraction front the front view, but that is the way it's mounted.

Reactions
I have the RX 350h and had the dashcam installed in passenger side. To be honest I rarely have to access any buttons on the dashcam. I think the design is to keep drivers focused on the road. When you need the videos there is an app and it can be downloaded easily.