Toyota Land Cruiser Megathread (300, 250, Prado, etc)

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I hope they sanitized the interior after that video.

Also, China at it again:
Kuluze-Weibo-SUV-Weibo-3.pngKuluze-Weibo-SUV-Weibo.pngKuluze-Weibo-SUV-Weibo-2.png

Reactions
Luckily, you guys in the US and Canada pretty much won't ever be bombarded by all these B.S. cars from China. Southeast Asia, Australia, South Africa and certain parts of Europe on the other hand aren't so fortunate.

Most Chinese people living in North America don't want Chinese cars lol. The majority of Chinese people that live here are vehemently anti-CCP*.

*except for new money Chinese kids......

Last edited:

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I may be wrong, but I think all those pictures are 40 series Land Cruisers, except for maybe the tan colored one. That might be a 70 series. It might be a coincidence, or maybe it’s a clue that we will be getting a Wrangler/Bronco competitor with a removable top.

My prediction: retro 40 series inspired design with a removable top. Most likely just 4 door model riding on 6th gen 4Runner chassis. T24 and T24 hybrid with manual option on the non-hybrid. Maaaybe the front locker from the LC300 as an option.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I don’t think the LC300 is the Landcruiser they are teasing. And it probably is not just a Prado, but rather a GX/Prado derived Bronco/Wrangler competitor, successor of the FJ Cruiser. It deserves the Landcruiser badge, because the GX appears to be a LX under the skin.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Its a GX derivative called LC here and Prado in markets that got the LC300, i bet.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I don’t think the LC300 is the Landcruiser they are teasing. And it probably is not just a Prado, but rather a GX/Prado derived Bronco/Wrangler competitor, successor of the FJ Cruiser. It deserves the Landcruiser badge, because the GX appears to be a LX under the skin.
This is what I've been saying and what makes the most sense. We don't need a Prado when we have the GX/4Runner. Make a new FJ and call it a LandCruiser

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
FINALLY! While everyone was discussing the death of the Land Cruiser and alleging Lexus was unprofitable, our admin here privately shared that the big news about the Land Cruiser was its change in direction and bypassed all the pessimism in knowing the future.

Although a date wasn't given back then, I wisely figured out on my own, that the launch MY had to be 2024. I initially didn't disclose it, due to incomplete certainty, but I came out ahead in getting right. Launch was targeted for CY 2023 for MY 2024. Why?

There's no way the audience who were told this in September 2019, were going to be informed about a vehicle not in development already. I had seen documentation in early 2020, that charted out to launches through January 1, 2023. Land Cruiser, Camry, and Tacoma weren't on that list like Tundra, Sequoia, and 4Runner (delayed).

It was pretty obvious at that point in February 2020, the MY was 2024. And right it was. 4Runner, GX and Prado probably were intended to launch in late 2022 before this Land Cruiser came to USA in 2023.

With 4Runner, I can explain that.

Two years ago, my supply chain source met me while correcting my steadfast assertion, that the 4Runner redesign was coming for MY 2023, warning me it was MY 2024 for January 2024 SOP as of June 2021. Embarrassed, I chose to be diplomatic and thank him for the correction.

From there, I got a reliable, but not perfect information source. Currently, 4Runner is MY 2025 and will be announced later this year. Land Cruiser is September 2023, per another source I share with another forum member, keeping us up to date.

He has more news for us every single conversation, amongst some others I reach out to often.

Compact Cruiser production vehicle is also coming to market on TNGA-C and the prototype vehicles have come through his facility, including several others I won't name publicly.

A big thanks to @Gor134, @TexasFunRunner, and @Gecko
You have it right.

I must say though, GX isn't really an LX under the skin, but the modular GA-F basis maybe just ties them closely now? Kind of like the MRA 2 modular architecture for the S-Class (W223), E-Class (W214), C-Class (W206) and at BMW, CLAR/35up for 7/5/3 plus SAVs.

Reactions
FINALLY! While everyone was discussing the death of the Land Cruiser and alleging Lexus was unprofitable, our admin here privately shared that the big news about the Land Cruiser was its change in direction and bypassed all the pessimism in knowing the future.

Although a date wasn't given back then, I wisely figured out on my own, that the launch MY had to be 2024. I initially didn't disclose it, due to incomplete certainty, but I came out ahead in getting right. Launch was targeted for CY 2023 for MY 2024. Why?

There's no way the audience who were told this in September 2019, were going to be informed about a vehicle not in development already. I had seen documentation in early 2020, that charted out to launches through January 1, 2023. Land Cruiser, Camry, and Tacoma weren't on that list like Tundra, Sequoia, and 4Runner (delayed).

It was pretty obvious at that point in February 2020, the MY was 2024. And right it was. 4Runner, GX and Prado probably were intended to launch in late 2022 before this Land Cruiser came to USA in 2023.

With 4Runner, I can explain that.

Two years ago, my supply chain source met me while correcting my steadfast assertion, that the 4Runner redesign was coming for MY 2023, warning me it was MY 2024 for January 2024 SOP as of June 2021. Embarrassed, I chose to be diplomatic and thank him for the correction.

From there, I got a reliable, but not perfect information source. Currently, 4Runner is MY 2025 and will be announced later this year. Land Cruiser is September 2023, per another source I share with another forum member, keeping us up to date.

He has more news for us every single conversation, amongst some others I reach out to often.

Compact Cruiser production vehicle is also coming to market on TNGA-C and the prototype vehicles have come through his facility, including several others I won't name publicly.

A big thanks to @Gor134, @TexasFunRunner, and @Gecko

You have it right.

I must say though, GX isn't really an LX under the skin, but the modular GA-F basis maybe just ties them closely now? Kind of like the MRA 2 modular architecture for the S-Class (W223), E-Class (W214), C-Class (W206) and at BMW, CLAR/35up for 7/5/3 plus SAVs.
4runner for 2025? Oh boy, long in the tooth..
Do you have any idea if the new landcruiser (GX?) will come standard with hybrid or PEV?