Ian Schmidt

Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
That's some interesting 180 degree flipping if they're bringing back the 4LS hybrid system as-is.

spwolf

Expert
Reaction score
More interesting is 2.4l turbo and 2.4l turbo hybrid.

I have a feeling that 600h will be based on new V8 and not an old powertrain.

CRSKTN

Follower
Reaction score
I don't know much about engine development, but wouldn't it be possible to take the new TTV8 and de-turbo it and pair it to a hybrid system?

Ian Schmidt

Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know much about engine development, but wouldn't it be possible to take the new TTV8 and de-turbo it and pair it to a hybrid system?
That seems more likely than carrying over the 2UR (I'm assuming the TTV8 is Dynamic Force) but who knows with TMC and engines?

spwolf

Expert
Reaction score
yes. It would be basically a two of those new 2.0l engines in V config. But it would not be 600h without turbos I dont think.

Reaction score
Never been a big fan of Lexus models in red, personally, but that LS is looking Q-U-I-T-E attractive, I must say! If I had the $80k, I could honestly see driving it. With my 30-mile one-way commute, it’d have to be the hybrid. 😁

Joaquin Ruhi

Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
@Joaquin Ruhi - Morning sir so the LS will be refreshed next year? so what will be the motor choices? I might as well wait now.
A 2021 model year refresh for 5LS is highly likely, but I'm not really sure what it will consist of, much less whether the rumored new Dynamic Force V8 will come in time for the 2021 MY refresh.

Berto3818

Fan
Reaction score
@Joaquin Ruhi yeah that’s what the group had been discussing. I don’t think it will get a v8... the F model yes but regular model no. The 5.0 liter is going out so why put it in the LS. I see performance gains on the 3.5 TTV6. I’m going to check out the hybrid also.

Will1991

Follower
Reaction score
@Joaquin Ruhi , considering Geneva (the biggest European Auto Show and a very important one worldwide) is just around the corner and I'm pretty sure we won't get anything new to show... Even a new set of wheels would improve current trend...

spwolf

Expert
Reaction score
@Joaquin Ruhi , considering Geneva (the biggest European Auto Show and a very important one worldwide) is just around the corner and I'm pretty sure we won't get anything new to show... Even a new set of wheels would improve current trend...
2020 LS had a host of updates already.

CT200h

Fan
Reaction score
Yup minor refresh fir LS In the USA market for fall 2020 . Highway teammate driving system , in other news look for a new IS at NY auto show possibly

Berto3818

Fan
Reaction score
@CT200h yeah probably but it will be expensive.. I’m definitely waiting because I think the front end will be redone alone with touch screen and I think the TTV6 will be hybrid and pumping out close to it not 500hp. The new Lx will have it with Hybrid

spwolf

Expert
Reaction score
@CT200h yeah probably but it will be expensive.. I’m definitely waiting because I think the front end will be redone alone with touch screen and I think the TTV6 will be hybrid and pumping out close to it not 500hp. The new Lx will have it with Hybrid
they will certainly redo some things in facelift... but i dont think they will really touch the engine. LX is a lot heavier vehicle, while LS500h is plenty fast even now... as it is a base engine, it does not make sense to make it even more expensive.