2019 ES 350 Parking Brake Problem

Reactions
Anybody else having this problem? Have a 2019 ES 350, 30K on it, owned for 2 1/2 years. I very seldom use the parking brake, (Hate the design) hower ever after parking the car, turn off engine. Come back to start when I back up the parking brake is on, makes one hell of a noise, I stop and disengage the brake, works fine. First time it happen I thought I accidently turn on the parking brake. This has happen maybe 5-10 times since I purchased the car (I know I haven't hit the button every time!;)), the vehicle is usually on level ground. I can go two, three months without it happening. Any ideas or similar problem ????
Thanks.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Am I correct that the 2019 ES has the electronic parking brake? If so, can you not set it up such that it automatically engages when you place the transmission into Park and automatically disengages when you take the transmission out of Park (into Reverse and eventually Drive)? What's not to like about a set-and-forget function like an electronic parking brake?

My 2015 ES had the foot pedal-operated parking brake. Each time I parked it, I had to lift my left leg up on the pedal, press down hard on it and hoped it engaged; and each time I drove off, I had to do the same to disengage the brake (without getting kicked back by the pedal). Now that was bothersome (but I still did it religiously to save strain on the parking pawl and the transmission).

Reactions
You are correct, after looking at my manual I can set up my parking break to automatic. What my problem was the parking break being engaged and I didn't activate it, wondering if anybody else has run into this problem? Thanks, I will set to automatic and see if this takes care of it.