2016 Mercedes C Class Coupe Caught Fully Undisguised (+ Prototype First Drive)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Looks like AutoBild accidentally leaked the photos from a comparison with the Mustang, of all cars. None the less, here you go:

Mercedes-C-Klasse-Coup-2016-vs-Ford-Mustang-1200x800-c770e8bd5296b538.jpg

Mercedes-C-Klasse-Coup-2016-vs-Ford-Mustang-1200x800-ace2eedae64ba4db.jpg

Mercedes-C-Klasse-Coup-2016-vs-Ford-Mustang-1200x800-235d4ab82d8bfb01.jpg

Mercedes-C-Klasse-Coup-2016-vs-Ford-Mustang-1200x800-b8bcc0246344763d.jpg

Mercedes-C-Klasse-Coup-2016-vs-Ford-Mustang-1200x800-499459f9a9f46170.jpg

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Thanks for finding that for us. New coupe looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing engine and dimension specs. Btw-latest Mustang coupe is finally looking quite contemporary too.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
For engines, several sources indicate the 2.0L turbo four, 3.0L Twin-turbo V6, and AMG 4.0 Twin-turbo V8, but final HP/torque figures haven't been released yet.

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
A wide variety of engine offerings, as is expected.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
For engines, several sources indicate the 2.0L turbo four, 3.0L Twin-turbo V6, and AMG 4.0 Twin-turbo V8, but final HP/torque figures haven't been released yet.

Yes early reports from various sources show (speculate) same engines as new C-sedan, but still tbd.

I'm looking forward to body dimensions/specs. To do a coupe right in this segment certain expensive changes (variations from sedan) need to be made resulting in wider f/r track, wider body width, slightly lower ride height/roof line. 4series and RC coupes are current best examples (with these subtle changes) of nicely done coupes in this class. The outgoing C coupe had a relatively weak stance in contrast.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
IS-SV said:
Agreed, I would not waste a dime betting against it.

Yes....keep that dime in your bank account. :D Despite excellent safety features in their cars, Mercedes damaged their reputation in the late 90s through the late 2000s with unreliability and poor quality control. But that definitely seems to be changing with their most recent models. I wouldn't bet against it either.

I wonder if we'll get the 2-door convertible (or drop-hardtop) version here in the U.S., like with some past generations. I can understand the wagon version not being offered here, with all of the other small SUVs and SUV-type vehicles that M-B currently has.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yes....keep that dime in your bank account. :D Despite excellent safety features in their cars, Mercedes damaged their reputation in the late 90s through the late 2000s with unreliability and poor quality control. But that definitely seems to be changing with their most recent models. I wouldn't bet against it either.

I wonder if we'll get the 2-door convertible (or drop-hardtop) version here in the U.S., like with some past generations. I can understand the wagon version not being offered here, with all of the other small SUVs and SUV-type vehicles that M-B currently has.

We have owned quite a few company Mercedes cars, mostly AMG's. We rarely have had any out of scheduled maintenance issues. Quite frankly it seems in many ways the Germans are better while the Japanese, particularly Acura/Infiniti are more problematic. Today I have no issues recommending a German car to purchase based on reliability.

Curious as well will a convertible come.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions

Yes, and those Chrysler days are over thankfully. Those that have actually owned several Benzs know the differences. Keeping the dime in a safe place too.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Facelifted Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe Stretching Its Legs At The Track

It’s testing time at the Nurburgring and Mercedes brought the facelifted C63 Coupe for some hot laps.
“Panamericana” grille -at least in top-spec S models.

The most significant changes are expected to take place inside, with Mercedes updating the infotainment system with their latest edition, including a new touchpad, as well as adding a digital instrument cluster as an option.

So far there’s no information on whether they’ll be any engine updates, with the C63 already offering enough power to trump its competition. With that said, it wouldn’t be hard for Mercedes-AMG to boost by a bit the output of the 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 in order to secure the C63’s position as the bruiser of the segment.

The general update of the C-Class is also expected to introduce the semi-autonomous features currently on offer in its bigger siblings when it eventually hits the market.

MercedesAmg-C63Coupe-facelift-1.jpg

MercedesAmg-C63Coupe-facelift-2.jpg

MercedesAmg-C63Coupe-facelift-3.jpg

MercedesAmg-C63Coupe-facelift-4.jpg

MercedesAmg-C63Coupe-facelift-6.jpg

MercedesAmg-C63Coupe-facelift-8.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/facelifted-mercedes-amg-c63-coupe.html