2011 IS250C Package Tray Assembly Replacement

Reactions
Hello all. I am needing some help with an issue that I can't find much information on. Amazingly, not too may people are attempting to fix a Rear Package Tray Gear in the Package Tray Assembly on their IS250c. Like.. Zero info on this! So let me do a quick outline of the situation:
  1. It's a 2011 IS250C
  2. Showing error that it top is not fully closed
  3. Windows won't go up, trunk will not unlock unless the fob ejection key is used in the port between the back seats (BTW I had to figure that dang part out myself as I couldn't find ANYONE that had noted how to pop the trunk when the hard top threw an error. How? - Remove plastic cover just above the backseat, between the seats... and insert the little key that is in the FOB. Turn, and BAM! Trunk pops open)
  4. Took it to the shop, Lexus repair... not the Dealership... cause they are idiots... I could provide 3 separate times that I knew more than they did. šŸ˜ 
  5. So repair shop took a look (3 Lexus Master Mechanics on staff) and determined it is the Right Rear Package Tray Assembly Gear. That is at least the first issue that has to be resolved. There could be more issues... but 60% chance this is the only issue. Their words... not mine.
  6. Total cost to fix? Yep... $6000. Needless to say... I told them that isn't gonna happen. No way Jose.... So I started looking online. I can find some used Left Side Assemblys on Ebay, but no Right Side.
  7. Shop tells me that they can override the system in order to let my Windows go up... but it will cost $580. Again.. Kiss my "ask". I'm smarter than that. Shoot... I can figure out how to override it myself for a fraction of the cost.... right?
So down to the actual questions...
  1. Has anyone done this themselves? If so... where did you buy from. OEM is not required.
  2. What is the best way to reprogram / override the and "Dum Dum Safety Mechanisms" so I can roll up the windows? Yes... it rains a lot here.....
I appreciate any help I can get. Any and all advice is appreciated.

I fix a lot of crap... but this thing is pissing me off!

- Y