2011 GX 460 KDSS

Reactions
Hi all,
I'm new to the group, and have a question about my 2011 GX 460: I have 160k on it and never take it off road or drive it aggressively. I absolutly love this vehicle and will get another when it's time. My KDSS light came on, and after some research I think I'd rather disconnect the system rather than sink a small fortune into repairs. My GX is going into the shop soon for other minor maintenance and that is when I'll find out the degree of problem with the system. I'd like to hear any comments about pros and cons of the disconnect etc. Thanks a bunch.
Holly

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Hi all,
I'm new to the group, and have a question about my 2011 GX 460: I have 160k on it and never take it off road or drive it aggressively. I absolutly love this vehicle and will get another when it's time. My KDSS light came on, and after some research I think I'd rather disconnect the system rather than sink a small fortune into repairs. My GX is going into the shop soon for other minor maintenance and that is when I'll find out the degree of problem with the system. I'd like to hear any comments about pros and cons of the disconnect etc. Thanks a bunch.
Holly

I would post this in IH8Mud or Toyota-Runner.org. They have been very helpful for our vehicles. However I do not have KDSS

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Hi all,
Holly

Before you choose to just disconnect KDSS, I`d urge you`d to find out to the problem behind it. KDSS is quite a simple setup, and thankfully there exists aftermarket parts like the pump on the market.

Reactions
Before you choose to just disconnect KDSS, I`d urge you`d to find out to the problem behind it. KDSS is quite a simple setup, and thankfully there exists aftermarket parts like the pump on the market.
Thanks or the information. The dealer said repairs can be very costly, so I’m trying do do my homework to avoid getting fleeced unnecessarily. I do intend to get a diagnosis and estimate before making a decision.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Thanks or the information. The dealer said repairs can be very costly, so I’m trying do do my homework to avoid getting fleeced unnecessarily. I do intend to get a diagnosis and estimate before making a decision.

With any repairs that you personally wont do, you need multiple estimates, dealer typically would be the highest. The codes for the KDSS system is also important as part of your diagnostics.

Reactions
With any repairs that you personally wont do, you need multiple estimates, dealer typically would be the highest. The codes for the KDSS system is also important as part of your diagnostics.
Thanks for the feedback. Strangely my dealer has been super when maintenance is required and I have compared their prices with other shops. I will get the code checked, that’s a good idea.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Thanks for the feedback. Strangely my dealer has been super when maintenance is required and I have compared their prices with other shops. I will get the code checked, that’s a good idea.

Your already ahead at that point, if you have a good relationship with your local dealer service center. I still would get those estimates regardless and those diagnostic codes. Try some rudimentary internet searches with those codes on the above GX communities like GXor, ih8mud, clublexus, 4runnerorg.