Lexus HS 2010 HS 250h

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I recently purchased a 2010 HS 250h premium. It's fully loaded with LKA, radar cruise control, HUD, front camera, etc. The only thing it didn't come with is LED headlights. I would like to change the headlights to the LED ones. Is it just plug and play or do I have to mickey mouse the wires?

I'll be passing my CT to my step-daughter and the HS will be my daily driver.

Attachments

• 20160804_223744.jpg
    20160804_223744.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20160804_223758.jpg
    20160804_223758.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
You might miss that CT, but I'm sure your step-daughter will love it. :grinning:

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
You might miss that CT, but I'm sure your step-daughter will love it. :grinning:

I'm sure I'll miss the CT. The mpg's is phenomenal, awesome maneuverability, love the tech, etc.

It'll be a great starter car for my step-daughter, a comfortable compact reliable luxury hatchback.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'm sure I'll miss the CT. The mpg's is phenomenal, awesome maneuverability, love the tech, etc.

It'll be a great starter car for my step-daughter, a comfortable compact reliable luxury hatchback.

Hey awesome!! That sounds like the exact spec we had, no idea why Lexus kept out the LED lights with the loaded model (we didn't have ML either). The tech is amazing in this car.

As for swapping LEDs, I am not sure never really looked into it.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Hey awesome!! That sounds like the exact spec we had, no idea why Lexus kept out the LED lights with the loaded model (we didn't have ML either). The tech is amazing in this car.

As for swapping LEDs, I am not sure never really looked into it.

Thanks man! Loving the HS so far. Will definitely update/lightly mod the HS. The IS F is still in the back of my mind...

How about you? What's your next Lexus after the LS? :)

Reactions: RAL

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I recently purchased a 2010 HS 250h premium. It's fully loaded with LKA, radar cruise control, HUD, front camera, etc. The only thing it didn't come with is LED headlights. I would like to change the headlights to the LED ones. Is it just plug and play or do I have to mickey mouse the wires?

I'll be passing my CT to my step-daughter and the HS will be my daily driver.

Congrats! I tried to find info on the headlight conversion, but didn't find anything. You could get the LED lights in Canada, but I thought it was HID only in the USA?

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Congrats! I tried to find info on the headlight conversion, but didn't find anything. You could get the LED lights in Canada, but I thought it was HID only in the USA?

Thanks Krew! I will check with Beat Sonic to see if they have an LED headlight conversion kit/harness. I will slowly upgrade/modify my HS...

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Congratulations on the HS. :) Their rather low sales as new cars, and marked depreciation rates, make them relative bargains as used cars.

The only thing it didn't come with is LED headlights. I would like to change the headlights to the LED ones.

As far as LED headlights go, it's going to be an iffy future for them in this country. Though LEDs are still legal right now, MoveOn, a left-wing political-action group, is trying to get them (and HIDs) outlawed. Here's the link: (I'm posting the link just for reference, not taking a position myself on the issue)

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ban...ing-headlights

We call on Congress to ban harsh, blinding headlights by revising Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 to include specific language that bans the use of any light that is blinding, dazzling, distracting or otherwise causes pain and damage to the eyes of onlookers.
There are currently 540 signatures. NEW goal - We need 750 signatures!PETITION BACKGROUND
The rise of HID and LED headlights are causing a lightmare by producing harsh, painful light that temporarily blinds other drivers and creates an environment of aggression and intimidation. They are a burden to everyone and should be banned. I appeal to your personal experience, if you are tired of being blinded on the road please sign my petition!