17-12-20-lexus-ux-concept.jpg

Surely a forgone conclusion.
View the original article post

Last edited:
Reactions: Den

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I have to think if the CT was a (moderate anyway) success, the UX has to be a winner in crossover crazy North America. I wonder why they are being so coy?

D

DDas

What? Noooo I wanted one :( But like everyone is saying, it'll probably come to the States anyway.

LDeleuran

Fan
Reactions
I have to think if the CT was a (moderate anyway) success, the UX has to be a winner in crossover crazy North America. I wonder why they are being so coy?
It was and it is still a moderate success in Europe. Sales have been steady for a couple of years now and 2017 seems to be mostly a repeat of 2016 which is great considering how the updated version carries over the previous generation Prius engine and is up against BMW 1-series, Audi A3, MB A-class which all offer several engine choices, diesels and have received more significant updates since 2011 than the CT. The lack of updates is also why I'm holding on to my old CT. There is no real reason to trade for a new one.

The CT still outsells the RX in Europe, while the NX is the sales champion. Perhaps the RX-L will be the break-through success that Lexus has been waiting for?

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
It was and it is still a moderate success in Europe. Sales have been steady for a couple of years now and 2017 seems to be mostly a repeat of 2016 which is great considering how the updated version carries over the previous generation Prius engine and is up against BMW 1-series, Audi A3, MB A-class which all offer several engine choices, diesels and have received more significant updates since 2011 than the CT. The lack of updates is also why I'm holding on to my old CT. There is no real reason to trade for a new one.

The CT still outsells the RX in Europe, while the NX is the sales champion. Perhaps the RX-L will be the break-through success that Lexus has been waiting for?

The CT is a great car for what it is. Too bad we don't get the 2018 CT here in the U.S. Enjoy your CT.

As for the UX, I'm sure it'll be a sales success here in the U.S. SUV and CUV craze is in full force.

Reactions
I hate that I can’t get a new ct when my lease is up. It is my first Lexus and I’m in love with it and would have loved a refreshed 2018. None of the other models appeal to me. My dealership in Newport Beach California said it was a great seller and they are mad as hell because they have nothing to replace it yet. This UX is going to be awful. The CHR is being called one of the ugliest new cars on the road, truly it’s repulsive the few I’ve seen, and it seems the UX will look similar. It looks like I’ll be a one time Lexus owner.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I hate that I can’t get a new ct when my lease is up. It is my first Lexus and I’m in love with it and would have loved a refreshed 2018. None of the other models appeal to me. My dealership in Newport Beach California said it was a great seller and they are mad as hell because they have nothing to replace it yet. This UX is going to be awful. The CHR is being called one of the ugliest new cars on the road, truly it’s repulsive the few I’ve seen, and it seems the UX will look similar. It looks like I’ll be a one time Lexus owner.

I totally agree with you. I think Lexus should have brought the refreshed 2018 CT 200h to North America. Lexus should also bring the 2CT with an expanded line to include CT 200h/300h and/or CT 200t/300.

Have you considered the ES 300h? It's much bigger (193.3 inches) than the CT (171.3 inches) and gets 40 mpgs. To bad Lexus doesn't sell the HS 250h anymore in North America. If the ES 300h is too big, the HS 250h would fit the bill. In Europe and Japan they get the IS 300h and GS 300h.

Most likely the UX won't look similar to the C-HR. The NX 300/300h doesn't resemble the Rav4 which is a good thing. I'm sure the UX will be a hit here in North America.

Last edited:

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I totally agree with you. I think Lexus should have brought the refreshed 2018 CT 200h to North America.

I have to agree with the lament for the CT 200 H. We replaced our 2012 with a 2017 and think that it is the ideal “city” car - practical, easy to park, great on gas and neat looking too. I can only hope the UX is as good.

Last edited:
Reactions
I totally agree with you. I think Lexus should have brought the refreshed 2018 CT 200h to North America. Lexus should also bring the 2CT with an expanded line to include CT 200h/300h and/or CT 200t/300.

Have you considered the ES 300h? It's much bigger (193.3 inches) than the CT (171.3 inches) and gets 40 mpgs. To bad Lexus doesn't sell the HS 250h anymore in North America. If the ES 300h is too big, the HS 250h would fit the bill. In Europe and Japan they get the IS 300h and GS 300h.

Most likely the UX won't look similar to the C-HR. The NX 300/300h doesn't resemble the Rav4 which is a good thing. I'm sure the UX will be a hit here in North America.

I unfortunately can’t use a sedan anymore. I do like ES though it’s useless for my needs. Love wagons and hatchbacks. I’m a Homeowner and Dog parent, I need a rear cargo. I love that the ct is only hybrid, living in CA home of the highest gas prices in the nation. Sometimes I like the NX and sometimes I don’t, I think it’s the weird back and it gets pricey with the hybrid which my dealer said was not very good for whatever reason. ....also I’m not a fan of the height with the dog and all. I’m looking at the vws now and Audi’s, Subaru too but none are hybrids. I don’t know, the UX concept does look similar to my eye as the awful Chr. Anyway, who knows when it will come and for us with leases that need to trade in if it will be soon enough?

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Why did they not bring the refreshed version? Seems like a lack of confidence in the product and yet a number of folk speak highly of this vehicle - personally I have only had the use of one for a weekend and I really enjoyed it. I agree with comments that an alternate engine should have been available this would have increased sales quite dramatically I believe. This car is primarily for the younger buyer but possibly not enough power available for that market. Look forward to a new CT soon.
The UX I am sure will be launched into the USA and will do brilliantly - very attractive car/ SUV.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Why did they not bring the refreshed version? Seems like a lack of confidence in the product and yet a number of folk speak highly of this vehicle - personally I have only had the use of one for a weekend and I really enjoyed it. I agree with comments that an alternate engine should have been available this would have increased sales quite dramatically I believe. This car is primarily for the younger buyer but possibly not enough power available for that market. Look forward to a new CT soon.
The UX I am sure will be launched into the USA and will do brilliantly - very attractive car/ SUV.

It was probably too expensive for them, ie with incentives they were losing money on it.

It is really old now, new version still be nice

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
It was probably too expensive for them, ie with incentives they were losing money on it.

It is really old now, new version still be nice
Maybe - but interesting to compare the sales of the GS with the CT very little difference in the sales volume but much more profit made with a sale of GS.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Maybe - but interesting to compare the sales of the GS with the CT very little difference in the sales volume but much more profit made with a sale of GS.

I dont think they would discontinue it if it did not lose money in the USA... just like they kept it for Europe since it kept their dealers alive by bringing more volume.

Next gen Corolla Hatch looks very competitive, so CT will also be very competitive vehicle for Lexus.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I believe the CT is one of the highest selling Lexus vehicles in Europe.

The UX goes on sales in December of this year. I project that Lexus will sell about 1,000 - 1,500 units this year.