Commercial: Lexus Performance Lineup Tears Up the Track

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-04-03-lexus-performance-commercial.jpg

Lexus USA pulls out all the stops in its latest performance commercial.
View the original article post

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Now that is a solid commercial that supports the new 'emotional' exciting look! Good job Lexus!

I would have liked to see more footage of these cars racing and drifting together on a track. I understand that commercials by nature have to be short. But, Lexus could release somewhat longer videos online with more driving footage to allow us to experience the excitement a little more :)

Whatever the case, I really like this video. Even though its short, it is exciting!

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
That's what I was talking about
Promote the bold ride for this bold design
Bold with bold
Soft with soft
Maybe soft design with bold ride will succeed because this is the Italian equation
But definitely soft ride with bold design have no place now with all this competition

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Though, the LFA makes a small cameo at the end, but it still eclipses everything else there.

Reactions
Motor trend just tested the LC 500 (Performance Package), and the LC 500h. V8: Goes to 60 in 4.8 seconds, the 1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds at 110. Hybrid: Goes to 60 in 5.3 seconds, the quarter mile in 14 seconds at 101 mph. Lateral grip: 0.94 g (V8) 0.88 g (hybrid) Figure eight: 24.7 seconds (V8, same as the RC F), 26 seconds (hybrid, a little faster than a IS 200t). Braking from 60: 114 and 112 feet. Curb weight as tested: 4,370 lbs, and 4,471 lbs. That's about as much as a LS 460 (4,466 lbs). What doesn't make sense is that the LC is about the size of an RC F, but is heavier and slower than the GS F as well. But luckily, as noted by MT, the LC is a very special car indeed, and the handling delivers. I'm pretty sure Lexus took it out for a run before the launch and realized the mistake. (The projected 0-60 time is 4.4 and 4.7, respectively). 5/1/17.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Motor trend just tested the LC 500 (Performance Package), and the LC 500h. V8: Goes to 60 in 4.8 seconds, the 1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds at 110. Hybrid: Goes to 60 in 5.3 seconds, the quarter mile in 14 seconds at 101 mph. Lateral grip: 0.94 g (V8) 0.88 g (hybrid) Figure eight: 24.7 seconds (V8, same as the RC F), 26 seconds (hybrid, a little faster than a IS 200t). Braking from 60: 114 and 112 feet. Curb weight as tested: 4,370 lbs, and 4,471 lbs. That's about as much as a LS 460 (4,466 lbs). What doesn't make sense is that the LC is about the size of an RC F, but is heavier and slower than the GS F as well. But luckily, as noted by MT, the LC is a very special car indeed, and the handling delivers. I'm pretty sure Lexus took it out for a run before the launch and realized the mistake. (The projected 0-60 time is 4.4 and 4.7, respectively). 5/1/17.

MT offers an excellent and extremely thorough review of the LC500 and 500h. Nothing surprising. It is clearly a special car and I'm thrilled with it!

The difference between going 0 - 60 mph in 4.8 vs 4.4 is meaningless to me. I am not going to be flooring it on public roads from a dead stop, and if I were to do this, it would surely attract the attention of the local police. Also, treating the LC like a muscle car on public roads would diminish it's stature as well.

The only place to do give it a 0 - 60 test would be at a track. While I will take it to the track and do just that because I can on a track (and I bet it will be an adrenaline rush) . The reason I'd take it to the track would be to for the driving thrills and to "experience amazing" in the LC500 :)