Lexus GS F Lexus GS F Travels Germany's Autobahn: A Story from Road & Track

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-06-13-lexus-gs-f-germany-autobahn.jpg

Neal Pollack of Road & Track takes a Lexus GS F on the ultimate unlimited speed highway.
View the original article post

isanatori

Follower
Reactions
This article is a joke. It is a persiflage. I can only laugh. These guys are not serious at all.
I laughed to death, when a magazine like road and track that criticise cars such as prii as underpowered cars, approves published text like the following
<<
As I push the GS F toward 230 km/h (143 mph), my sweaty hands squeeze the wheel. Already, my brain has started to frizz. My guts feel like poached eggs. But I don't have to endure this speed for long. A sign appears overhead, accompanied by what looks like a stick figure shoveling elephant dung, telling us to slow to 120 km/h (75 mph). Our first construction zone. "This is really the ideal autobahn speed," Salt says. "You're driving fast enough to get where you need to go, but you're not necessarily putting your entire family's life in danger. That's what I prefer."

I flick into the left lane, dial the center-console knob over to Sport S—the tachometer glowing red—then again, to Sport S+. The dashboard whitens as the GS F prepares to warp.
>>
-sweaty hands squeezing the wheel? On a straight road at such pathetic speeds for a car like a GSF? Really? Apparently this should have been a typical reaction of a new amateur driver, but not for professional racing drivers that R&D approves.
-Hahahahaha! Why on earth someone would select the sport S+ mode to cruise along a straight road at 130 mph is beyond me :D
Also if the ideal speed on such a fast road as they claim is only 75 mph then I don't understand why journalists claim that a 90 hp Prius C should not be considered a car for high speed roads.

I was expecting to hear about GSF running at 60 mph on roads that I would not even dare to go 10 mph with my ordinary car.

GSF is not a cruiser. Someone who wants to cruise at ideal speeds don't spend a fortune buying a GSF. He would have rather bought either a hydrogen Toyota Mirai or an ES300h or a cheaper IS300h or an even less expensive 120 hp prius.
Lexus have been making the greatest cruising cars. But Journalists have been criticising Lexus as boring due to this factor! Now that Lexus created a sport saloon car they drive it the same way a grandfather drives his old camry!
Yet these guys demand more power and they get paid to write those BS! Enough with hypocrisy and I hope Lexus to realise that car mags have been playing a really dark game against Lexus for decays! Car mags are trash! They defraud buyers they need more power (turbo trend) and sharp handling (european trend) on their cars, but this review proves that even on a high speed road an ordinary low power car will be just fine. But don't expect any car mag to tell you this truth.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
^^^

As one who drove a 2017 Nissan GT-R on the Autobahn to about 160mph tops....I get what he is saying..I was quite nervous and sweaty with my palms....to the average person it really is a marvel to be able to travel at those speeds LEGALLY....and its even more amazing to see all the cars get out of your way, contrary to America.....

I do agree, the article and pictures left me wanting severely....

isanatori

Follower
Reactions
^^^

As one who drove a 2017 Nissan GT-R on the Autobahn to about 160mph tops....I get what he is saying..I was quite nervous and sweaty with my palms....to the average person it really is a marvel to be able to travel at those speeds LEGALLY....and its even more amazing to see all the cars get out of your way, contrary to America.....

But if you reread my previous post I am already addressing that matter. I underscore that Road and Track magazine just like pretty much every other car magazine are aimed for the experienced driver who drive cars for the enjoyment. IT IS SUPPOSED this is the reason why these guys hate "down to earth" cars such as wide consumer cars of Toyota and luxurious Lexus cars.