Initial 2016 Lexus LX Orders in Japan Exceed Three Year Sales Goal

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-11-09-lexus-lx-japan-sales-400x200.jpg

The 2016 Lexus LX 570 is already a big hit in Japan — pre-orders for the updated flagship SUV has reached 2,000 units, or 4,000% higher than the sales goal of 50 units a month.
View the original article post

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
to put it into perspective, Lexus sells 4k cars per month in Japan, on average... so that would be like LX getting 15k pre-orders... Kind of better than that, since LX is huge vehicle for Japan.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
That's great news! Mercedes sold over 2600 GL's for the month of October in North america!!!! I'm confident the refreshed LX will be a success in North america also.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
That's great news! Mercedes sold over 2600 GL's for the month of October in North america!!!! I'm confident the refreshed LX will be a success in North america also.

Gl starts at $64k.... new LX starts at $91k.

Reactions
With the LX finally where it should be, they can focus more on the GX make it a bigger threat to the GL and others, the GX has already surpassed original sales expectations as it sits, imagine a redesign (which it's almost due for) where it was lighter, faster, roomier, more advanced, and more efficient to really destroy the Merc's sales, X5, and others. And the GX is already a smashing deal at its price.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow! Those are some amazing order numbers! I honestly did NOT expect that. I thought that the LX would be a slow-selling niche model in Japan, given it's such a big, and expensive vehicle for Japan. This just shows how appealing the refreshed LX is!

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
With the LX finally where it should be, they can focus more on the GX make it a bigger threat to the GL and others, the GX has already surpassed original sales expectations as it sits, imagine a redesign (which it's almost due for) where it was lighter, faster, roomier, more advanced, and more efficient to really destroy the Merc's sales, X5, and others. And the GX is already a smashing deal at its price.

I actually hate the GX. It really has no place in the line up. It's a Prado disguised as a Lexus. The same goes for the ES. They're cheaper to make due to economies of scale, but not the in the same league as the rest of the Lexus catalog.

I think they should just get rid of both cars and focus on Lexus only vehicles. Lexus should be handing down or sharing some market leading technology with Toyota not share a whole vehicle and re-badge it as a Lexus.

I like how the LX is now moving further away from the Land Cruiser, they almost look like 2 different cars and I hope that the next one is a completely different vehicle; I think that's where they're headed. This would probably explain the large number of pre-orders of the LX. It no longer looks like a re-badged Land Cruiser.

James

Founding Member
Reactions

I actually hate the GX. It really has no place in the line up. It's a Prado disguised as a Lexus. The same goes for the ES. They're cheaper to make due to economies of scale, but not the in the same league as the rest of the Lexus catalog.

I think they should just get rid of both cars and focus on Lexus only vehicles. Lexus should be handing down or sharing some market leading technology with Toyota not share a whole vehicle and re-badge it as a Lexus.

I like how the LX is now moving further away from the Land Cruiser, they almost look like 2 different cars and I hope that the next one is a completely different vehicle; I think that's where they're headed. This would probably explain the large number of pre-orders of the LX. It no longer looks like a re-badged Land Cruiser.
I agree the GX might not always have a spot but it does fit well price ranged against the competitors. But how can Lexus get rid of the ES? It's their best selling vehicle behind the RX. I also think it fits well for the Lexus fans that don't want something more sporty like the IS and GS.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
I agree the GX might not always have a spot but it does fit well price ranged against the competitors. But how can Lexus get rid of the ES? It's their best selling vehicle behind the RX. I also think it fits well for the Lexus fans that don't want something more sporty like the IS and GS.

I see your point but I think Lexus should instead focus their energy on differentiating the IS/GS from the IS/GS F-Sport and the F. There's almost no difference when you look at the them until you notice the F-Sport sign. Their cars are just too sporty to begin with. It's like they started off with a sport shoe and then decided they need to appeal to the masses and attempted to make a formal shoe out of a Jordan. It still looks like a sport shoe but they took away a bit of the flashiness.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
WOW !!!!! What a home RUN! I totally get why it's so successful - heck if I had 100k to spend on a vehicle, this one's it at this time! Love the commercial with the LS climbing its way to the top, truly a beast of a vehicle.

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
Lexus should experiment with a higher tier offering for some models to customers of any market.

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
From my understanding in the states the first allotment is all sold. Clearly this vehicle is a hit already.

Wow that's also awesome news! The LX has traditionally not been a big seller in the US, so this is a great start!