Lexus October 2015 Sales Chart

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-11-03-lexus-october-sales-2015-400x200.jpg

Lexus USA has reported 26,436 total sales for October 2015, a 9.1%% improvement over last year.
View the original article post

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Hopefully we'll see a surge in IS and GS sales with the 200t and the 300 added to the lineup.

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
The NX is selling all they can get from Japan.
The new RX hit dealers today, and will be huge smash hit. I can see 130k sales in 2016 easy!
The ES and GS facelifts should help.
The all-new Lexus LS500 looms for late 2016.....

Lexus won't be #1 this year, but 2016 is shaping up to be The Year of Lexus!
BD

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
The interesting thing here is that Audi is nowhere close to Lexus in terms of sales. Whether or not that is a bad thing for Lexus consumers and fanatics is one thing. My concern is: Why do some people seem to think that Audi is so successful?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The transition with 2016 models might be a bit of a hiccup for Lexus if they want to capture the sales crown...

I've heard that the demand for 2015 RXs was higher than anticipated, and there was somewhat of a shortage waiting for the 2016s to arrive. Not good. Also consider ramp-up time as they are trying to satisfy demand for the new model, which may impact sales in November and even December.

LXs just started arriving at dealers mid/late last month, and while it's not a volume product, a new LX tends to create a bump up to 600-700 units a month. Not sure if there was a volume deficiency waiting for the new model.

The ad campaign for the 2016 IS didn't kick off until mid-October from what I recall, and I'm not sure how many '16s dealers have to sell, and I don't know how the sell down of 2015s went. 2,900 units is unusually low for the IS.

Any word on when the GS refresh is going to land? Sitting along the 2016 IS, ES and RC, the current model is looking quite dated.

RC, NX and GX seem to be the ones pushing sales forward in October.

New LS really can't come soon enough, but I think we're going to be looking at the existing model for another 10-12 months.

Perhaps most interesting is how consistently the CT has always sold - generally between 1,100 and 1,500 units for it's entire life cycle, despite being quite old at this point. New model in 2016?

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
The interesting thing here is that Audi is nowhere close to Lexus in terms of sales. Whether or not that is a bad thing for Lexus consumers and fanatics is one thing. My concern is: Why do some people seem to think that Audi is so successful?
I know that they are successful in China, definitely not stateside.

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
I know that they are successful in China, definitely not stateside.

Haha In China, Lexus does not stand a chance. Even though the 7er is not manufactured in China, it is hard for the LS lineup to compete price-wise with an entry-level engine as large as a 4.6L V8 while the 7er has a 3.0L I6. Nevertheless, having a larger "entry-level" is a bragging right in itself, but I guess I am too old school.

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions
What? The ES has been the best selling import car in China, lexus can't do the same numbers of germans but they definitely doing well there much better than maserati, jaguar and volvo.

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions
VW emission scandal... haven't you heard about it? October has been just the last month of growth of audi in usa, you bet, they have just stopped the sales of all their tdi models (a3-a4-a6-a7-a8-q3-q5 and q7), do u think that this vag apocalypse will not impact their sales in usa? Just wait and see, time will tell. And I'm happy cause those tdi's are dangerous for us (emissions of nox and c02 9-10 times more than standard limits) and crappy itself in reliability.

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
What? The ES has been the best selling import car in China, lexus can't do the same numbers of germans but they definitely doing well there much better than maserati, jaguar and volvo.

Firstly, my first comment was regarding the US market and the opinions of internet users; I am sorry that I was not more clear. Secondly, I have no doubt that Lexus does well in China, but Lexus does have the obvious handicap by not manufacturing in China.

VW emission scandal...haven't you heard about it? October has been just the last month of growth of audi in usa, you bet, they have just stopped the sales of all their tdi models (a3-a4-a6-a7-a8-q3-q5 and q7), do u think that this vag apocalypse will not impact their sales in usa? Just wait and see, time will tell. And I'm happy cause those tdi's are dangerous for us (emissions of nox and c02 9-10 times more than standard limits) and crappy itself in reliability.

I am very aware of the scandal. The interesting thing is that this is not the same as 60 Minutes' unintended acceleration accusations towards Audi, which is actually mentioned in The Lexus Story. Although the cheating scandal is real while the unintended acceleration was user error, the cheating scandal does not create fear like unintended acceleration allegations.

Reactions: RAL

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions

Firstly, my first comment was regarding the US market and the opinions of internet users; I am sorry that I was not more clear. Secondly, I have no doubt that Lexus does well in China, but Lexus does have the obvious handicap by not manufacturing in China.

VW emission scandal...haven't you heard about it? October has been just the last month of growth of audi in usa, you bet, they have just stopped the sales of all their tdi models (a3-a4-a6-a7-a8-q3-q5 and q7), do u think that this vag apocalypse will not impact their sales in usa? Just wait and see, time will tell. And I'm happy cause those tdi's are dangerous for us (emissions of nox and c02 9-10 times more than standard limits) and crappy itself in reliability.

I am very aware of the scandal. The interesting thing is that this is not the same as 60 Minutes' unintended acceleration accusations towards Audi, which is actually mentioned in The Lexus Story. Although the cheating scandal is real while the unintended acceleration was user error, the cheating scandal does not create fear like unintended acceleration allegations.
You mean the Audi 5000 SUA, I remember that (even if I'm not american) but my point is: While the SUA created fear in potential buyers at that time, the cheating emissions make them extremely upset and disappointed cause the sudden loss of resale value of their cars. And what about the fact that the world is changed from 1987, to be eco friendly is a status symbol (whatever good or bad this thing could be), so it's not so cool to drive a car that supposed to be "clean" while it is exactly the opposite. I think this storm is not going to end anytime soon.

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions

You mean the Audi 5000 SUA, I remember that (even if I'm not american) but my point is: While the SUA created fear in potential buyers at that time, the cheating emissions make them extremely upset and disappointed cause the sudden loss of resale value of their cars. And what about the fact that the world is changed from 1987, to be eco friendly is a status symbol (whatever good or bad this thing could be), so it's not so cool to drive a car that supposed to be "clean" while it is exactly the opposite. I think this storm is not going to end anytime soon.
*Makes the current owners extremely upset and disappointed.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions

Mostly the power of marketing in North America. Worldwide, Audi as a fact, is very successful in terms of sales. Here in North America though, it's been a very powerful marketing push that really, started all the way back in 2008 when the first Iron Man film came out. That's roughly the time when the Audi brand in North America started to pick up steam and some recognition. However much of this increased reputation is likely to vanish, with the current massive scandal at hand, with no signs of where it will end.

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
Mostly the power of marketing in North America. Worldwide, Audi as a fact, is very successful in terms of sales. Here in North America though, it's been a very powerful marketing push that really, started all the way back in 2008 when the first Iron Man film came out. That's roughly the time when the Audi brand in North America started to pick up steam and some recognition. However much of this increased reputation is likely to vanish, with the current massive scandal at hand, with no signs of where it will end.

It is definitely all a matter of perception, and Lexus should consider that a real threat in itself. I hope Lexus woos Disney to become the future Marvel Cinematic Universe sponsor just like the TV series. $DIS

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
It is definitely all a matter of perception, and Lexus should consider that a real threat in itself. I hope Lexus woos Disney to become the future Marvel Cinematic Universe sponsor just like the TV series. $DIS

A good idea, but who knows what the details are, if they've tried already, etc.