Lexus Racing have announced their expected schedule for 2015, and there’s some interesting details to go through.
Super GT GT500 Racing Series
In a continuation of last year, six Lexus teams will participate in the GT500 class of the Super GT series. Here are the teams:
- LEXUS TEAM LeMans ENEOS with drivers Kazuya Oshima (Japan) & Yuji Kunimoto (Japan)
- LEXUS TEAM WedsSport BANDOH with drivers Juichi Wakisaka (Japan) & Yuhi Sekiguchi (Japan)
- LEXUS TEAM PETRONAS TOM’S with drivers Daisuke Ito (Japan) & James Rossiter (U.K.)
- LEXUS TEAM KeePer TOM’S with drivers Andrea Caldarelli (Italy) & Ryo Hirakawa (Japan)
- LEXUS TEAM ZENT CERUMO with drivers Yuji Tachikawa (Japan) & Hiroaki Ishiura (Japan)
- LEXUS TEAM SARD with driver Kohei Hirate (Japan) & unannounced driver
The KeePer TOM’S & PETRONAS TOM’S teams finished second & third overall in the 2014 season.
Lexus RC F GT3 Spec Race Cars
The first three RC F GT3 race cars will be built this year for Japan & Europe. Already announced is the LM Corsa team, which is scheduled to race in the Super GT GT300 class in Japan.
Lexus at the 2015 Nürburgring 24 Hour Race
There will be two Lexus teams in this year’s 24 Hours of Nürburgring race:
- LEXUS LFA Code X with drivers Masahiko Kageyama, Hiroaki Ishiura, Kazuya Oshima & Takuto Iguchi
- LEXUS RC with drivers Takayuki Kinoshita, Kumi Sato, Naoya Gamou & Takamitsu Matsui
Photos of the two teams were released:
(No word on why a standard RC is being used rather than an RC F SPORT, but there’s a certain logic to it — for all the play the RC F is getting, the standard RC has faded somewhat into the background. This could give the model a nice boost.)
There were other Toyota announcements as well, including a return to the WRC in 2017 — here’s a link to the full press release for more information.